| Chapter 13 |

~Travis~ 

"Kates, you ready yet?" I yell upstairs. 

"Give me like ten minutes!" She yells back down. I sigh and sit back down on the couch. 

It's the 29th, the day of the party that Mikaylah invited me to. I just said I'd go because I want to make sure everyone stops trying to hit on me and Katie. Yes, some guys tried to hit on Katie, and as much as I hate to say it, it pissed me off. 

The thing, is, because everyone knows everyone here, when there's a new person in town, everyone knows. So it kind of felt like Katie and I had a mob of paparazzi following us every day. 

On the 27th, the day after the whole Mikaylah incident, we went to watch The Fault In Our Stars, which went over really well with Katie after the movie. I had to literally remind her multiple times that she didn't have thyroid cancer, and that I didn't have osteoporosis. Which was kind of stupid saying out loud, because it was just sounded like I was implying that I was her boyfriend. 

She ended up complaining about the fact that it was just weird because Ansel Elgort and Shailene Woodley play siblings in Divergent and they had to be each other's love interests in The Fault In Our Stars. I rolled my eyes and told her that it was just a movie, which resulted in us watching Divergent back at my house. After we watched it, I gave in and said that it did seem weird. We went to Lava Java every day after the day I introduced Katie to it, because she really liked their cloud macchiatos. 

Yesterday, we had a To All the Boys I've Loved Before marathon, and after that we watched The Sun Is Also A Star. That movie went over well with Katie too. She and I went to go to the mall after, since she wanted to check it out. 

After our shopping session (which was three hours long), we decided to just go and look up at the stars at the observatory, which were really pretty. 

It was then I noticed we hadn't kissed in a while, and it hit me pretty hard, including the fact that we were only fake dating. 

Then, this morning, we went to watch The Perfect Date, which had Katie fangirling for at least three hours. After we got coffee and came back, we baked cookies, which took forever because I kept forgetting how many cups of flour I put in every time I looked at Katie. 

And now, it's 7pm, and the party starts in half an hour. Katie's been saying, "Give me ten minutes" for the past twenty minutes. 

I'm about to yell back upstairs when Katie comes down, and 

my

heart

stops.

~Katie~

"Give me like ten minutes!" I yell back down to Travis. I look down at myself. I'm not even ready yet. 

Eyeing the bags of clothes from shopping yesterday, I just grab something random out of it and throw it on, hoping that it's "semiformal". When I look at myself again in the mirror, I smile.

I'm wearing a teal top that cuts across my shoulders, and plain black leggings. I decide to just throw on a pair of nude heels and curl my hair. I put on a double necklace, and a pair of hoops. I decide to try out wearing noticeably less makeup, just to try it. I just apply a little bit of mascara and lip gloss, and throw my hair over one shoulder. I grab my clutch, and put my phone and some money inside, just in case. I strap my dagger right above my ankle, under my leggings, and quickly run downstairs. 

I walk down, and I see Travis, and my heart stops. He's wearing a regular t-shirt and a pair of khakis, but his eyes seem to sparkle more, and his hair is more curly. 

"Alright, you ready?" Travis seems like he's in a trance, and I snap my fingers in front of his face. He snaps out of it. 

"Oh, yeah, sorry." I roll my eyes, and Travis tells his mom and Connor where we're going, while I get into the car. 

He finally gets in, and starts the engine. "Told you you look better without makeup."

I look in the mirror. "I'm just wearing a little, and there doesn't seem to be much of a difference." 

"Is there a reason you decided to wear less today?" 

I bite my lip. "Uh, just wanted to try it out." The actual truth is, I wanted to prove to Mikaylah that Travis sees me for who I really am, down inside without makeup. 

If he actually saw me that way.

There's an awkward silence. "So, who do expect will be there?" I ask. 

Travis hesitates. "Uh, I don't really know. I have some old friends I'm hoping will be there, I know Mikaylah and her posse will be there, and I guess some of the jocks from the high school here?" 

"Oh, okay." I look out the window. He puts his hand over mine. 

"Don't worry, you'll be fine. You have me."

"For someone who's supposed to be my fake boyfriend, you sure are acting well." He blushes and keeps his eyes on the road. I hold in a laugh, and hope that everything will actually be okay. 

Travis pulls up at the park. He turns around and looks at me before getting out. 

"Uh, I just wanted to say thanks." He rubs the back of his neck. 

"For what?" 

Travis blushes slightly. "For agreeing to do this."

"Yeah, you still owe me twice." I slap his arm, and he smiles. 

"Alright, now or never. Let's do this." I nod, and he puts his arm around my waist. 

Then we walk in. 

981 words, and I know, I KNOW, it's short. I'm sorry, I just had a little writer's block for this part and had to ad lib Travis's whole part, which is a lot. Anyway, I'll see you guys Monday, since I don't upload on weekends. Love y'all! 

~kat