| Chapter 10 |

~Travis~

I open my eyes and look at the clock over Katie's shoulder. It's about 9 in the morning now. Katie's still sleeping, so I finger comb her hair and get out of bed. 

After I take a shower and change, I head downstairs for breakfast, since everyone's probably up already. I'm surprised Livia's already up when I head down. She probably had the worst of it last night. I sit down next to her. 

"Sorry about last night, Liv." I touch her shoulder. She shakes her head. 

"It's fine, Trav. Wars are pretty bad, and considering she thought you died in her dream, it must've been really bad. If she dreamt that you died, she must really like you." Livia takes a sip of her milk, and I almost choke on air. 

Aunt Olivia hands me a plate with waffles, and I stand up to get a cup of coffee. I decide to get two cups, since I remember that Katie likes coffee in the mornings. Once I saw her drinking coffee in the dining hall at camp, and I asked her if she likes coffee, hoping for something in common. She told me it was hot chocolate, but I'm pretty sure you don't say "coffee" in your magical cup and have hot chocolate come out. 

I sit back down next to Liv and we just eat in silence until Katie comes downstairs. She just woke up, but her hair is down and curled, and she isn't wearing makeup. Her eyes seem brighter, and she's wearing one of my hoodies. I guess I've never noticed how pretty Katie is until now. I mean, she's always been pretty, but she's never looked this pretty, even though she doesn't normally wear makeup at camp, I mean she does sometimes, and now I'm just rambling. 

Katie walks over and sits next to me, and I hand her her cup of coffee. She sniffs it. "How'd you know?" She asks me, raising an eyebrow. 

I slurp my coffee. "You know, saying 'coffee' into a cup at camp really doesn't give you hot chocolate, Kates." She glares at me. 

"Eavesdropper." 

"You're adorable, Katie-Kat." I pinch her cheek, and she makes a pouty face. 

Just then, everyone comes over to start asking questions. I didn't think there'd be more questions. 

"So you guys slept well?" 

"Do you guys spend the night all the time?"

"Nightmares. Good excuse." 

"How long has this REALLY been going on for?"

We answer all of the questions, dodging the "nightmares. Good excuse" part, and finally everyone leaves us. I roll my eyes and finish my breakfast. 

~Katie~

Travis stands up to put his plates away, so I follow suit, putting my plates and cup in the sink. I head back up to the room Livia and I (and Travis, I guess) are sharing, and grab my outfit for today. I decide to just leave Travis's hoodie on, with shorts underneath, and my brown knee-high boots, since the hoodie is a canary yellow with the number 13 on the back with the name "Stoll". On the front is his school's logo, which is an eagle surrounded by a ribbon that says "Long Island High Eagles". It's one of his cross country hoodies, and it falls to my mid-thigh, so I decide to just leave it on, since it's really comfortable. 

I throw my hair up in a high ponytail and run my hairbrush through it to make the curls look more natural. I put on some makeup and get my mini backpack, and just put it over one shoulder, to get the full look. I grab my phone to take a picture, and go back downstairs, and see Travis sitting on the couch, scrolling on his phone. I sit next to him, and put my head on the shoulder.