| Chapter 14 |

~Katie~

We walk into the main part of the party, hand in hand, and everyone turns to look at us. Some of the girls are clearly jealous already, and the guys are too. Travis just takes me to an unoccupied table, and it's a standing table, so we just stand around it and take pictures, and get some food from some people walking around. 

It's honestly so boring here. Travis talks to some of his old friends, and introduces me to them, and then it just gets awkward and boring. We've been here for an hour already, and I hate it here. There is absolutely nothing to do here, other than just eat and talk. 

Finally, I find time to talk to Travis alone. He looks at me. "So, enjoying it here, Kates?" 

"Uh, no! This is boring!" I pout. He pinches my cheeks, and whispers to me. 

"It'll be over soon." I roll my eyes, and he laughs. "Jeez, fine, I won't take you to any more parties. I can tell you hate this." 

"Sure." 

He points to the flowers in the centerpiece in the middle of the table, and I notice they're slightly yellowing. I snap my fingers, and they become green again. Travis plays with the flowers, and looks at me. 

Just then, a slow song comes on, and he holds his hand out. "Come on, Katie-Kat." I roll my eyes and take his hand, and he twirls me onto the dance floor. Grass. Whatever. 

A lot of people join us, and eventually it's a dance. 

Finally the song ends, and I laugh, with Travis smiling at me. Then he leans down and kisses me, and everyone cheers. He finally pulls away, with me blushing. 

We find some chairs and sit down, and I look at him. 

"I had no idea you were such a good dancer." 

He winks. "I'm also a good singer too." He opens his mouth to sing, but I slap my hand over his mouth. I've heard him sing before, and I really don't want to hear it again. 

"Wow, I'm kinda thirsty after that. Can I get a coffee?" I ask him. 

Travis rolls his eyes. "There isn't coffee here. How about a soda?" I nod, and he stands up to go get drinks. I laugh slightly, and pull out my phone to text Annabeth, when a guy sits next to me. I roll my eyes. 

"Hey. I'm Jake Lewis."

"Hi." I look back at my phone, where Annabeth is sending me pictures of her and Percy during their winter break. I keep my focus on Annabeth's ring on her left ring finger, and sigh. 

"Wow, who's that hottie?" Ugh. I thought he left already. 

"My friend's fiancée." He gapes slightly. 

"They're like 16!"

"Seventeen, actually. Do you need something?" I ask, him, putting an edge in my words. 

He winks. "Yeah, actually. I need you to go out with me." 

"I don't know if your eyes could actually compute what you just saw earlier, but I'm dating Travis, and I intend to stay that way." I try to keep my tone even. 

Jake rolls his eyes. "Okay, then dump him for me." I roll my eyes, and scroll through Instagram, keeping the scowl on my face. Jake decides to try to break me, and tickles my chin. I grit my teeth and pull a Jade West (yes queen!!) on him, and elbow him in the gut. He groans and leaves. 

I roll my eyes and get a text from Piper. She's sent me a picture, and I see it. It's a picture of her and Jason, and I sigh again. Their relationships are real, and it hurts that mine feels real but isn't. 

Just then, another guy sits down next to me. I roll my eyes. "Okay, if you're about to ask me out, it's a hard no, and if you resist, you will know what it feels like to be slammed on your back." I glare at him. 

The guy shrugs. "Sure, as if you could--" I stand up and judo-flip him onto the ground, and he groans. 

"What was that? And if you also want broken arm, I COULD GIVE YOU THAT TOO!" The guy stands up and scampers away. Everyone looks over, and I blush. What's taking Travis so long? I look over, and see that he's talking to one of his friends. I roll my eyes, and sit back down in my chair. 

Just then, I see Mikaylah walking towards me, in her hot pink prom dress. I roll my eyes for what, the fifth time tonight? She smiles a fake smile and walks over. I grit my teeth and give her a fake smile back. 

I look over, and Travis isn't back yet. This is going to be a long talk. 

the next chapter is going to be HELLA dramatic. so stay tuned!!!

Love y'all!

~kat