| Chapter 7 |

~Travis~

I blink. What do I see in Katie? I look over at her, who's slightly blushing. Okay, I guess I'm going to have to go first. I clear my throat. 

"Uh, well, Katie and I have known each other since we were 10, so it's probably a question of what I don't see in her. Katie is really kind, and is kind of a softie on the inside, and she's the most gorgeous girl I've ever laid eyes on, and her expression when she's mad is just so adorable. I'll never love someone more than I love her." Katie looks over at me, and smiles, taking my hand. Then she speaks. 

"Well, I guess I see all the humor and the charisma in Travis. He's really protective, and loyal when it comes to relationships." I slightly wince at that part. I look at her to see if she's aware she's lying, but not even an iota of regret shows on her face. "Travis has proven time after time that he'll never leave me, or let anyone hurt me, and I know that he'll prove those words right." She smiles, and everyone at the table seems satisfied. 

Eventually dinner is over and everyone gathers by the TV to talk or watch a movie. I sit with Katie on the floor, playing with her hair. Two of her cousins--Veronica and Natasha, I think--sit down with us. They seem to be about our age, I think, Veronica maybe a year younger. 

"You guys are so cute together." Natasha says to us. Katie smiles at her, and I decide to pick Katie up and put her on my lap and hug her. 

"I know, right? Trust me, it gets cuter when Katie's mad." Veronica and Natasha laugh. We end up playing some card games together, and finally it's almost 10, so Veronica and Natasha, along with their parents and a few other of Katie's relatives, pack up and head back home. 

There are still some people staying over just for tonight, since they live far away. Two of Katie's aunts and two of her uncles are staying over, as well as four of her cousins. This is going to be a loud night, considering two of her cousins were four and six, I think, and the other two were twelve and fifteen. The oldest three are girls, and the youngest one is a boy. The fifteen year old is named (a/n prepare for a lot of references) Clary, the twelve year old is named Isabelle, the six year old is named Katniss, and the boy is named Tobias. 

It's already almost eleven, and Katniss and Tobias are already asleep in the guest room with their parents. Katie's upstairs showering (and before you ask, yes, I switched out the bleach-shampoo with regular shampoo), and Clary and Isabelle are on their phones. I decide to go up and shower too. 

When I come back downstairs, since Katie is down here, with her hair in a messy bun, everyone awake is assembled in the living room. I sit on the floor next to Katie, putting my hand on the inside of her knee. She smiles at me, and I feel my heart flutter a little. 

She whispers to me. "We're doing a special planning thing for Tobias, since it's his birthday tomorrow. His parents and Katniss know about it already. Basically, right now, we're going to put up a banner that says 'Happy birthday Tobias!' right across the doorway, and then put wrapping paper over it, so he wakes up and has to tear through the paper, where we'll be waiting on the other side with presents and everything." I nod.

"So everyone know their jobs?" Tom asks. Everyone nods, and he smiles. "Alright, now feel free to head over to bed, whatever." He and Laura go back to their room, leaving me, Katie, Clary, Isabelle, Justin, and the sisters' parents in the room. 

The sister's dad--Josh, I think--stands up. "Alright, Maria and I are going to get some z's now. Uh, Justin, since we're crashing your room, we might move some stuff around. Clary, Izzy, you guys are staying in Katie's room. I think sleeping bags are out already. 'Kay, goodnight!" Josh and Maria leave, leaving us teens in the room.