Chapter 6 - Olivia

I walk inside the student center building and take a brief look around. It's pretty empty save for a few people lounging around. They look up and some of them smile at me, recognition alight in their eyes. I smile back before looking around again. My eye catches an office labelled "Student Clubs and Activities" and I head for it, knocking on the door.

"Come in!" A voice calls.

I enter the room and shut the door behind me, smiling at the woman behind the desk. She looks up from her computer and smiles back. "Ah. I recognize you. Ms. West."

"Yeah, hi." I stretch my arm out and she shakes my hand.

"Boston U is lucky to have a third mini-celebrity," She winks and I shift awkwardly. I never did like compliments like that. I mean, my dad did all the work to be who he is. I'm just his daughter. "Have a seat. How can I help you?"

I sit down on the chair across from her and let my bag drop to the floor. "I wanted to see if maybe you guys have any dance clubs?"

"Right. I heard about your time at that program in LA. I hope you don't mind but I couldn't resist searching you up to see your work. You're an extremely talented dancer based on the videos I saw."

"Thank you." Now that compliment I can take because I worked damn hard to hone that skill.

"Unfortunately, because Hockey and Football have taken over Boston U, the students have little to no interest in other curricular activities."

I nod in understanding. Boston U steadily breeds crazy talented Hockey players from what I've heard and are extremely well known for producing talented rosters every year. Football is a close second but Hockey dominates over here.

"But..." She trails off as she clicks around on her computer. "We do have a salsa club. Salsa is the most commonly requested form of dance, you see. Most students learn it to impress their significant other or something along those lines. I'm afraid that's the only dance related club we have if you're interested?"

"I love salsa," I confirm. Not only did I have an entire course on it in my program, but my Latina genes gave me the ability to move the way salsa calls for. "Where can I sign up?"

"The instructor, Manuel, has his own office. He's been running the club for three years now so he's the one you want to see."

"Is he a student?"

"Yes, a senior. It's likely this is the last year this club will be running since he's going to graduate so you chose a good time to join."

"Where can I find him?"

She grabs a pen and paper and scribbles on it before handing it to me. "That's the room number. Just take the elevator up to the fifth floor."

"Awesome. Thank you," I tell her gratefully and grab my shoulder bag, standing up.

"Uh, could I trouble you for just a moment?" She asks hastily. Her smile is apologetic. "I don't mean to be disruptive but my son is a huge boxing fan. He admires your father greatly and his birthday is tomorrow. Would you mind letting me record you wishing him?"

"Sure," I sit back down and wait patiently as she takes out her phone. I get asked to do these more often than you'd think. "What's his name?"

"Lewis," She holds her phone up at me. "Okay. It's recording."

I offer a wave. "Hey, Lewis. Olivia West here. On behalf of me and my father, Cameron West, we both wish you a very happy birthday. Keep fighting."

"That was perfect!" She ends the video and gives me a grateful smile. "Thank you so much. He'll love it."

"No problem." I stand up again, putting my shoulder bag on and grabbing the slip of paper off the desk. "Thanks for your help today."