Chapter 11 - Lucas

"Fuck are we doing here?" I mutter and look around the field. It's full of students and teachers. There's some extra curricular activity fair going around to promote clubs and shit but mainly it's an excuse to hype up the BU Terriers. They have a game this Friday so everyone is gathered in celebration, dressed up in scarlett and white and sucking the hockey players' dicks.

"You need to fucking let loose," Zack grumbles and chucks a football my way. I catch it easily as he takes a few steps back so that he's far away enough. I toss the football to him and it spirals in the air before landing in his hands. "All you do is break shit in our dorm and throw temper tantrums. We're not going home until you're too exhausted to even take a piss."

I hold back a snort as he throws the ball back to me. In his defence he's right. I break all of my shit but he's the one who has to hear it and then help me clean up. I fucking owe the guy for putting up with me so I'll humour him for now.

"You going to tomorrow's game?" He asks after we toss the ball for a few minutes, referring to the Terriers' first match of the season.

"Why would I?"

"Everyone's going to be there," He shrugs. "I'm tagging along with Liv."

My muscles tighten at the mention of her. Will I ever be able to hear her name and not want to jump out of my own skin? "Olivia doesn't like hockey."

"She likes Beck," Zack laughs and I bite down on my tongue before I say something stupid, like how she's too good for that bastard or any fucker for that matter. Fucking whatever. It's not my place anyways. "Besides, I don't have anything better to do."

Neither do I but I have no interest in going to that asshole's game. "Fuck that."

"Suit yourself," Zack shrugs.

He rears his arm back for another throw then pauses, his eyes flashing at something behind me. I turn around to take a look for myself.

Professor Alvarez is talking to a student, listening with a patient smile as the guy yammers on about his club.

I take a moment to really look at her since Zack is so head-over-dicks. She's fucking pretty, I'll give him that. Naturally tall with a physique you can tell is slim even though her clothes are on the baggier side. She has light brown hair and eyes that are too big for her face but they make her appear younger than she already is. But it's the vibe around her—inviting without meaning to. You see a chick like that and you just want to know her story. She has soul and Zack's not the only dude who has his eyes on her, I realize, watching some of the students openly ogle.

I look back at him just in time to see him curse and walk away. I jog after him, barely catching up as he heads towards the bleachers like his ass is on fire. He goes a couple steps up before taking a seat on one of the benches, openly brooding.

"Christ, you're fucking dramatic," I pant and take a seat beside him. It's hot as fuck today so I waste no time stripping off my shirt and flinging it over my shoulder, my elbows leaning on the bench behind me while I sprawl out. "Could've just looked away instead of running like a pussy."

"It was either running away or running to her," He snaps back. His stare is pinned on one spot and I finally notice that we can see her perfectly from here. Huh. Fucker wanted a view.