Chapter 28 - Olivia

"So, this is how it's going to be now?" Zack eyes us. I don't miss the hint of amusement in his voice.

I shrug, trying to ignore the heat crawling up my neck when Lucas sucks on the underside of my jaw. He plasters his chest to my back and his arms come around to skim down my thighs. I shift in his lap and clear my throat. Surprisingly enough, Lucas is big on PDA. He doesn't care who sees us. I think he secretly enjoys an audience. So far our only audience has been Zack and he's a saint for putting up with Lucas' antics. He shakes his head at us and takes another hit of his joint.

"You guys exclusive?" He asks through the smoke filling his mouth.

I press my lips together, unsure of how to answer. Lucas and I haven't exactly put a label on whatever this is. It's not like we outwardly said this is a relationship even though that is what this seems to be. I glance at him over my shoulder and he smirks back. He's enjoying watching me squirm and I narrow my eyes.

"He better be," I warn and Lucas chuckles. He wraps my hair around his fist and gently tugs me back against him.

"You're stupid if you think there's anyone else," He says in my ear before he nips it. I bite the inside of my cheek to stop my smile.

"Everyone at home still thinks you hate each other," Zack looks all too excited at the prospect of us having to explain ourselves. Jerk.

I stand up from Lucas' lap. "Oh, I still hate him."

Lucas slaps my ass hard as I walk away and I can't stop my laugh. I open the cabinets and hear him call out, "Just for that, you're going to be on your knees for me tonight."

"Lucas!" I look back to scowl at him.

Zack fake gags and Lucas blinks, passive as ever. But I know better. I don't miss the promise in his eyes and my thighs clench from anticipation. His lips tug up because he knows exactly what he's doing to me and I quickly look away before I embarrass myself even more. The man has no filter and is absolutely unapologetic about it. It's something I'm still getting used to among other things.

It's been a week since we first slept together. You'd think us having sex would have put our lust to the ground but it only ignited it more. Lucas is hungry for me all the time and I'm no better. Every day he shows up to my dorm or calls me to his and we fuck like rabbits. It's not just fucking though. We talk a lot, getting to know each other again and everything we missed out on the past four years.

It's not perfect either but I never expected it to be. Sometimes we say things that hurts the other because we're still getting to used to whatever this is and get into pointless arguments. But then we talk about it and fix it and that's a miracle in itself. If there's one thing we never had between us it was communication so we have to work hard at it. We're not going to get it right just because we've decided to be together and it's a process that requires both our patience but we're willing to put in the work. We have been putting in the work. It's not easy but Lucas and I never were. But it's sure as hell rewarding because I've never felt this way before about anyone. He gets on my every nerve, he pushes me, provokes me. He also understands me, knows me, and tries for me.

It's not about immediately clicking with someone just because you care about them and want to be with them. It's about choosing them even when there are times you don't click and things are harder than you expected. The best things in life require hard work and you should always work hard for the people you care about. That's what loyalty is all about, after all.

If there's anything about Lucas it's that he's loyal. He's a prideful man and he hates all kinds of dishonesty. He'll give you a damn run for your money if he doesn't trust you but once he does, his loyalty is unshakable. It takes a lot to get past those walls but what's waiting there for you is worth it. I definitely think so and that's all that matters because I'm the one he's with. A smile stretches my lips at the thought. So maybe I'm as possessive of him as he is of me.