Chapter 27 - Lucas

I wake up with a start, blinking fast to adjust to my surroundings. What in the fuck?

I grab the phone on my bedside table and read the time. It tells me close to noon and now I'm more confused than before. I fell asleep? But I slept yesterday. I can't even remember the last time I slept two days in a row.

I look beside me and find an empty spot. That wouldn't be unusual but this morning it is because I happened to fuck Olivia all night and very well remember falling asleep with her. Where is she? And why do I sound so wound up that she's not in bed beside me like some fucking chick? I scowl at myself. Apparently good pussy turns you into one.

I need a goddamn shower, pronto.

As I stand underneath the hot water, flashes of last night come to me. Why wouldn't they? Last night was fucking amazing. Fucking Olivia was everything I thought it would be and more. I say more because it wasn't just fucking or just lust. We've had months of that. Last night was different in a way I wasn't prepared for. It did something to me from the moment I sunk into her for the first time. Hell, Olivia's been working her way back into me since she came back to Boston but last night was the closing deal. As soon as her wet heat wrapped around me I was done for. So fucking done for. I was already addicted to every part of her and now I'm addicted to her pussy too. There isn't a part of her that doesn't goddamn own me and it freaked me the fuck out. What's more is she came after me, nothing but sincerity to make sure I was okay. She cared about me and that made me weak for her.

I'm aware that this is no longer physical. It hasn't been for a long time. There's all kinds of feelings involved and that includes feelings I've never experienced before. I'm bound to fuck up because it's in my nature but I'll be damned if I hurt her again. I've done enough. It's still fucking with me knowing the truth about what happened four years ago. I was so quick to assume she'd hooked up with someone else and my trust with her hasn't been the same since. It's something I need to fix among several other things and I will or I can expect to lose her. That's not fucking happening.

I wrap a towel around my waist when I'm done and head outside to the living room. Without meaning to I release a sigh of relief when my eyes land on Olivia sitting on my couch. In nothing but my t-shirt. Fuck, yeah.

As I get closer I finally notice her face is stricken with tears. What the fuck? I take a seat on the coffee table in front of her and grip her chin, turning her face to mine. My brows come together in question and she links her fingers with mine.

"I know," She says and that's when I realize she's on the phone. "I should have told you sooner but I didn't want to hurt you. I'm so sorry, Daddy."

Fuck. She's telling Uncle Cameron about being molested. My frown deepens as more tears slide down her cheeks and my thumb reaches out to wipe them away. I don't like seeing her cry. Fucking sucks. It's why every time I made her cry in the past I had to walk away before I fell to my knees or some shit. I've never been able to stomach her tears.

"Please don't cry," She sniffs. "And would you stop blaming yourself? You of all people know the blame only lies on the abuser. He's the one that did it and no one else."

Her words are for Uncle Cameron but her eyes stay trained on mine, telling me the same thing. She knows I haven't forgiven myself yet but I can't say I'm surprised.

"Mamá," She groans. "Not you too. Please, you guys. This is exactly what I was trying to avoid. I don't want either of you to be hurting over this."

She looks like she regrets the phone call altogether. I grab her free hand with mine and brush my thumb across her wrist. She looks down and back up at me and I nod, letting her know she can do this. She nods back and takes a deep breath.