Remnant

Searcher whimpered as he and Shades were dragged into the family room by Geno.

And it wasn't even his Geno, would this be a taste of what could happen to him when his Mom got his hands on him?

He didn't want to know....

He couldn't even bury the lower half of his face into his scarfs, since he wasn't wearing them....

Wait.... Could he?

He quickly brought his scarf and Palette's scarf out, wrapping them around his neck, before he buried the lower half of his face in them.

That made him feel a bit better, but it still wasn't enough to stop the trembling of his bones.

He felt Geno place them on what was clearly the love seat.

"Ser... We need to start." Shades quietly said.

"I know." The taller Goth said, looking at Shades when he felt him tugging on his sleeve. "Just give a minute to calm down okay?"

He took a deep breath in and he exhaled, smelling the scent of Palette from his scarf. It helped him to calm down. He looked at Reaper and Geno. "So... Here we are, what do you guys want to know?'

"Explain to me the Error part, since Error has been around since the beginning, long before you two were even born." Geno asked, rubbing in between his eyes.

"Well, do you remember when Shades was taken right in front of you two years ago?" Searcher asked. "Because that is when Fate took us, but the story behind why Fate took us actually begins with Ink.... A long time ago... When he had a Soul."

"Ink... had a soul?" Reaper said in surprise.

"Yes he did, and it still exists." Shades replied, and carefully, he pulled out the two pieces of Soul that he had managed to retrieve. It was definitely a Monster Soul, but it glimmered with a beautiful array of colors that shimmered with a gentle light. "These are the pieces of Inky's Soul that I have retrieved so far."

"I haven't found the Soul of my Ink, but I am finding pieces of a key that should open wherever it is." He carefully pulled out the key piece from his first temple. "I think that I know where the next piece of the key is."

"That's great Searcher, oh! I have carvings from the ice temple to show you! It might tell me where Ink's soul essence is!" Shades said, ever cheerfully.

"Boys, focus.. back to explaining." Geno pointed out, Shades blushed purple.

Searcher blushed as well, he had been about to start asking Shades to show him the carvings from the ice temple.

"Well, Dream isn't the first time that Ink has been in love..."

"Don't you mean obsessed with Dream?" Shades snickered.

"Boys..." Geno said, tapping a foot.

"Okay, basically, as a Child of Fate, Ink had a powerful Soul and his First Love, only wanted his Soul for his power." Searcher said.

"This is where it gets awkward..." Shades moaned. "We call this lover, the False Lover, I won't say his true name, since it might bring their attention to you. You already know about resets... but what we have here is a divergent timeline caused because there was only two ways that it could have ended. But instead of creating a new AU... it literally shattered the Multiverse into two new Multiverses, with each one based on one of the two endings."

"And it spilt everyone in half." Searcher said, holding up his sphere model, which he quickly broke apart, into two pieces. "The piece in my left hand is your Multiverse, and the piece in my right hand is my Multiverse. It is why, Reaper, we register as one person to your senses, because we used to be a single Skeleton."