Searcher

He groaned as he woke up.

"Where am I?" He asked as he tried to get up, only to be stopped when he found out that he couldn't move his arms, his legs, and he couldn't see, someone had wrapped a blindfold around his skull.

He looked down at his arms and legs, through a gap in the blindfold, to see that they had been pinned down to a metal table, with shackles.

He tried to free his hands and legs with Magic, but when he tried to use his Magic, his Soul appeared in front of his face.

He could see the Golden Soul Shard bouncing around his Soul.

"Solas?" He whispered.

'Mama!' Solas's ghostly form appeared in front of him, floating above him, and the table that he had been chained to.

He breathed a sigh of relief when he saw that Solas was okay, but they soon heard the sound of footsteps walking towards them.

He looked at Solas, and he nodded his head, and Solas got the message.

The tiny Guardian put his game face on.

They wouldn't die here.

Their journey had finally begun, and at the end of it, they would find their way home....

-----

Searcher coughed as the blindfold was roughly pulled off of his face, and he blinked to adjust his eyelights to the sudden light around him, as a face came into his line of sight, sneering at him, with a look of pure, undiluted hatred on his face.

“Fear,” Searcher said, as he forced Solas to return to his resting place, inside of his Soul, something was telling him to keep the Little Light safe.

“It's amazing that you're still hanging on.” Fear said, with a wicked laugh.

“I have a lot of Determination.” Searcher replied, glaring at Fear.

“Oh! I have no doubt about that. Fate always chooses the determined, and the stubborn, idiots to be their Toys.” Fear gleefully said.

“You’ve already lost this round Fear.” Searcher told him. “I’ll escape, and eventually, Umbra will find a way to get here, and he'll tear you apart!"

“Oh, but I’m counting on that....” Fear purred, and a shiver went down Searcher’s spine.

“What do you want Fear?!” Searcher yelled at him, as he tried to free his arms, and his legs, from the table that he had been chained to.

“Oh, I already have it.” Fear said, trailing a hand under the younger Skeleton's chin, and he pushed his face up, to meet a pair of blazing, unnatural yellow eyelights.

Searcher struggled, as he felt Fear draining his Magic, but he didn't scream, and he didn’t let the other Skeleton know about the pain that he felt, as his Magic was taken from him.

“You see, you, and that dog of Fate, have cost me a lot of power, when you trapped me outside of the Deities's plain. You destroyed half of myself, and here you are now..... To become my new power supply!

And I will find a way to your core, to the Little Light child.” Fear laughed as he released Searcher's chin.

“You're insane!” Searcher cried.

“You say that now, but once I have little Solas's powers, Umbra will be a piece of cake, your Death will have a massive impact on him, he'll be weak enough for me to kill him, and then, I’ll take his power too!” Fear happily cried. "And I’ll destroy your Multiverses with the powers those damn Fates granted you!”