Golem

"Ink... I thought that you was getting some sleep?" Dream asked. "What are you doing here?"

Ink shrugged his shoulders, even as he walked over and he carefully picked up Palette, encouraging the younger Skeleton to cling to him like a sloth. "I don't know...." He eventually said. "Something just told me that I needed to be here..."

Nightmare and Geno frowned as they joined them, Geno was dusting something off of his hands, it looked like Monster Dust.....

The creatures around them had frozen, as it they had been cut off from whoever was giving them orders...

It was too quiet..

Sereval of the creatures had Dream's arrows sticking out of them, along with wounds from Nightmare's tentacles and bone attacks from Palette or Geno...

"Why do I have the feeling that things are about to get worse?" Ink asked, right before the creatures started to collapse where they were standing, turning into goo that started to group itself together.

"INK!" Nearly everyone yelled, before they tried to destroy the goo before it could merge itself together.

They did manage to destroy some of it, but the remaining goo merged together to form a giant version of the creatures that they had been fighting.

Dream glared at his husband. "You're sleeping on the couch when we get home."

"And I will tell Umbra to ground you." Geno growled. "Again."

Ink gulped. He was so screwed.

-------

Two figures walked down a hallway, their footsteps tapping on the black marble floor and polished obsidian walls. The only lights were the golden like runes on the ceiling. The doors that they passed were made out of black metal, but where they went, only the first figure knew.

This was a hallway made in the fragments between realities, hidden between the void and Anti-Void. It crossed both sides of the split Multiverse, and it was where Umbra's Vaults were.

Some vaults contained priceless gold, and others contained information and the codes of the surrounding Multiverses. There were a few that Umbra would show no one, not even Solas or Searcher, because they contained things so dangerous that Fate commanded them to be sealed.

Yet where Umbra was going, was not to a Vault, but to a place where two sealed rooms lay.

Each room was where he would place the Ink’s when they were grounded.

Not that anyone would be able to find the hidden rooms without him, as this was just one of the thousands of hallways in this place.

It was a twisting maze that even gave him trouble sometimes.

There was one white hallway in the entire network, the one that he would not go to, unless he was called.

That was a hallway that led to an audience chamber for Fate.

And while he was no longer truly bound to Fate as the Final Guardian of Shadows, he knew he still had a duty to safeguard this ever growing network.

As they went around a corner, he caught sight of Searcher, who had wanted to see the place Ink feared because of his groundings.

He had asked if Searcher and Solas had wanted to come with him, and they had agreed.

But sadly, Searcher had to be in control, as the shadows where too strong for Solas to even appear as a ghost here.