Build up..

Shades was going to kill him once he found out that he hadn't taken the two week break that they had agreed on, but this was much more important.

Not when three of the Skeletons that he knew were missing.

The time with Lotus had been the closest thing that he had to a break, and that had been the third day.

Well, at least he remembered not to overthink things, to take regular breaks and meals, and to sleep. He swore that he had gained another pound or something.

He was currently searching a Fire based AU for the next temple and for both of the Palettes. He had remembered his promise to Lotus and he had been looking for Rurik too.

But seriously, did Fresh have to force him to wear some of his spare, bright neon, clothing? He was so embarrassed about that and he had changed out of them after Fresh had left and no matter how much Blackmail that Fresh had on him, he was not going to run around in a bright, 90s styled T-shirt with shorts and sandals.

And how did Fresh know about the two week break that he and Shades had agreed on?!

He was currently wearing a light, sleeveless hoodie with some shorts and boots suitable for traveling on a volcano. Shades had been right about his Temple possibly having a volcano.

He couldn't explain it, but this place feel like Underdesert, when he had found the Temple in that AU, he had to be on the right track.

It was now the last day of the two week break and Goth knew that if he encountered the Guardian now and Shades was pulled into that not Save Screen place, he was going to be so angry...

He looked down when he heard something crack underneath his foot.

"Oh shit...." He said, once he saw that the path that he was walking on had a crack going through it and it didn't help that the path that he was using was a swallow ledge on the west side of a dead volcano.

But that was all that he had a chance to say before the path underneath his feet crumbled, and he was left hanging there for a few seconds, before he started to slide down the side of the volcano, leaving a trail behind him, as he tried to grab onto something.

He tucked himself into a ball as he rolled down the volcano, being careful to cover his head with his arms.

The scenery flew by in a blur of ground, sky, clouds, ash and bone. He remembered the information that he had found on this AU in the library.

------

Goth looked at the book that he was currently reading, he had looked through all of the Fire based AUs in his Multiverse, but this one AU kept calling to him.

In this AU, Mount Ebbot was a dead Volcano, or that's what the humans thought, but the truth was that Mount Ebbot had been forced into being a dormant Volcano when the Monsters had been sealed underneath it. The Monsters had adapted to surviving a mostly lava based world, but when they were freed, Mount Ebbot erupted, causing a chain reaction that caused other Volcanos to erupt, throwing the world into chaos...

Chaos that was now dying down and life was returning to what could be called normal for that AU, but eyes were kept on the Volcanoes, in case that they did erupt again....

-----

Goth found himself coming to a stop at the bottom of the Volcano, he was exhausted, and he was covered in ash and dust.

He groaned, and he uncurled himself from his ball, letting himself flop on the ground as he got his breath back. He was never going to tell Shades about this, because while the AU did offer equipment that helped to stop this from happening, he didn't take it...