Epilogue: The Final Aftermath

Time seemed so fleeting.

Speeding by so quickly for Shades/Umbra.

Which was strange, because, thanks to the time loops, he was technically older then the Multiverse, and that time had always seemed to go by at a snail's pace.

It could be different now, because he didn't know what was to come...

His mind was a bit quieter, the Error part of his personality slept so deeply that he couldn't touch it. Even Umbra mostly slept, but he was closer to the surface, because he was so tired....

It was too quiet...

He kept on expecting to see Solas when he turned around, and Solas would demand a cuddle from him, to play with him, or something else....

To chat with Ser as Shades, or to watch him go about his daily life as Umbra.

Goth scowled a bit, he was happy to be home, and everyone could see that... but the other half of his being, Ser/Solas, was missing.

He was bewildered, why couldn't he find them, for goodness sake he'd carried Solas's Soul piece in his own Soul for years, giving him the link that usually formed between a mother and their child. He'd always known where Solas was and how he felt, but he couldn't feel anything.... He couldn't even feel the gaping wound that would have formed if Ser/Solas had died.

Of course if Ser and Solas died, Shades and Umbra would follow them, because they were two halves of the same coin, they used to be the same Skeleton. They were counterparts...

"Gothy, Gothy!" A voice called, and Goth blinked, coming out of a spiral of depressing thoughts.

"Hello Palette, is the party about to begin?" Goth asked with a smile.

"Yup, so come on. Everyone is waiting for us!" Palette said, gently taking Goth's hand and pulling him to his feet, before they started to run towards the location of the party.

Goth started to laugh, he could trust Palette to cheer him up.

----

Seeker frowned when he heard someone pounding on his bedroom door.

"Come on Mopey head! Get up!"

Rurik....

They had found his Fell counterpart two days after his Gothy had disappeared, and they had to explain everything to him.

Rurik was not pleased that his baby's godfather had been kidnapped by someone with no honour, and he had made it his personal mission to drag Seeker out of his bedroom whenever he found his Tale Counterpart in it.

Searcher had gotten Lotus out of a toxic situation, and since he wasn't here, Rurik was going to make sure that Seeker wouldn't starve himself to death, by moping in his room.

Rurik opened the door with a kick, before he slung one of Seeker's arms over his shoulders, and he began to drag Seeker out of the room.

"Have you put on weight Mopey Head?! Come on, get up and start walking!"

------

There was food and people everywhere, bright lights, and scents, and sounds....

It was almost too much....

Goth blinked, and for a moment, he thought that he had spotted Retconned in the crowd.

"Oh, these cookies are great! Who brought them?" A voice asked, and Goth snorted.

Of course Retconned would appear, and disappear, him and his cookies...