The Final Temple Run

HE'S ALIVE!

Also, the song above the Author's note is Solas's theme song. I don't own it.

------

Goth groaned as he slowly woke up. He slowly pushed himself to his feet, brushing off the excess dust and dirt. How had he survived? He should have fallen into the Void, but instead, he had fallen on what looked like the pathway to a hidden entrance?

"Where am I?" He asked. He knew that this was this Third Temple, but this was all that he knew about this place....

He turned around when he heard a noise, only to see a set of doors opening.

And something, inside the Temple was calling to him..

----

Fear swore angrily at another dead end, the Temple didn’t look so big from the outside.

But what made this worse, was that this Temple stunk of Fate's little Toy Umbra... That meant Fate was watching him through Umbra and her power kept him from using the shortcut of blasting through the walls.

“I’m going to find a way to kill that freaking Shadow dog of yours Fate.” Fear snarled as a spike trap almost got him.

----

Searcher stepped through the doors that had opened, hearing them slam shut behind him. He couldn't go back, he could only go forwards now...

He removed a torch from the wall and he watched as it burst into life in his hands, letting him see his surroundings.

There was several more unlit torches showing the way up an uphill slope, one that looked a bit slippery...

But Searcher remained on guard, because in his First Temple, he had encountered the Guardian before he reached the Temple and in his Second Temple, it had been nearly destroyed when he found it, but this one.... It was whole, undamaged and he didn't even know if this was his Third Temple..... He had to be careful, because who knew what was waiting here for him?

And somehow, he knew, that this time, Shades would not be there for him during this fight. He would have to fight this one alone.

And that scared him...

This battle would be a solo one, and Searcher had never taken being alone well, not after what had happened to him as Error, before he remembered who he really was...

Being alone reminded him of the Anti-Void, of all the years that he spent alone, trapped in the madness that Fate had forced on him. It made him doubt the pass two years, were they just a fantasy that his mind created? Would he wake up one day to find out that it was all just a lie? That everything that had happened to him had just been a dream? That Shades had just been a dream.... That Palette had just been a dream...

He wouldn't be able to accept that if it was true, it would break him, destroying what was left of his sanity, leaving him as a Puppet for his Fate, a Broken Soul who just wanted his pain to end...

"You can do this Searcher."

His eyelight went wide when he heard that voice, and he turned around, only to see a ghostly version of Shades floating there.

"Shades?"

"You're so close to the end." Shades said. "Come on Ser. This is the last Temple. The last Guardian. You can do this. You're almost there! Come on Ser, we made a promise to go home together, right?"