Soul for a Soul

Before this all started, Arcturion and Clyde were spending time together in their apartment. Clyde had noticed Arcturion acting a bit odd lately. "You okay?" He asked. "You've been acting strange lately." He added. "What do you mean?" Arcturion asked. "Just haven't seemed like yourself." Clyde said. "This coming from the guy who made Ruby think he was Ian?" Arcturion asked with a laugh. "Very funny." Clyde said. "So who's Alex?" He asked. Arcturion looked at him confused. "How do you know about him?" He asked. Clyde shrugged. "You just mumble about him every once in a while." He answered. "Should I be jealous?" He asked. Arcturion chuckled. "Not even close." He answered. "Why, he straight or something?" Clyde asked with a chuckle. "Questionable but not the reason." Arcturion replied. "It's just complicated." A few hours later Clyde took out his phone and called a school call where someone was so they could talk. "Hi I need to speak with Ian Clancy." He said to the person on the phone. A while later Ian picked up. "Hello?" He asked. Clyde chuckled. "Never thought you'd hear from me again did you?" He asked. "Clyde?" Ian asked. "What do you want now?" He asked with a sound of annoyance. "Where are you?" Clyde said ignoring the question at first. "You answer first." Ian said. Clyde sighed. "Fine it's Arcturion." He said. "Something's up with him and he keeps mumbling about this Alex guy." He explained. "He's with you?" Ian asked sounding surprised. "Yeah why?" Clyde asked in confusion to the reaction. "Sorry gotta go." Ian said. Clyde started to say something but Ian had already hung up. Just then Arcturion came in. "Who was that?" He asked. Clyde shrugged. "Wrong number." He said before placing the phone in his pocket. Just then there was a loud banging on the door startling them. "Expecting someone?" Clyde asked. "You're not?" Arcturion asked. Clyde went to a cabinet and grabbed a gun while Arcturion started powering up. Just then the door was forced open and off the hinges and a figure...Subject KR17...entered the apartment. Clyde immediately opened fire towards him. The bullets crystallized and shattered as they hit the armor. "Great it's one of those things." He said. Arcturion started firing crystallized daggers towards the enemy but Subject KR17 used various powers to avoid and block the attack. Subject KR17 used a powerful energy to levitate them and removed Clyde's gun. Subject KR17 came over and looked at Arcturion's wrist. Clyde saw the mark that Arcturion had as Subject KR17 walked towards him and did the same...no mark. "How unfortunate." Subject KR17 said as he formed a large purple sharpened crystal and jammed it into Clyde's chest. "No!" Arcturion shouted as the levitation on Clyde was removed and he collapsed on the ground motionless. Arcturion's eyes flashed in rage as he blasted a massive amount of energy towards Subject KR17, making the levitation wear off on him. He ran to Clyde seeing the crystal and then looked at Subject KR17 with his eyes still glowing with rage. "Come after me...fine!" He said forming two sharpened crystals. "But coming after him...that's crossing a line!" He said before attacking. The two fought until Subject KR17 created a crystal prison cell and trapped Arcturion inside. A while later Clyde woke up in a cave in confusion. He felt just chest seeing that the large crystal was gone. He then saw Subject KR17 looking at him. "Welcome back Clyde Clancy." He said. Clyde got up and lunged at him put suddenly froze as if something was in his way. "What's happening to me?" He asked. "You didn't think I'd let you be revived with freedom did you?" Subject KR17 asked. "I need you to do something for me." He said before informing him of his task. In present time, Clyde and Arcturion are walking around the Battlerealm near the cliffs. Clyde looks around. "Arc we need to turn around." He warned. Arcturion looked at him. "Are you sure you're okay?" He asked. Clyde wanted to run but he could hear the orders he was given booming in his head. "Just get away from the cliffs." He said. "Okay seriously what's up with...?" Arcturion asked as he saw Clyde's eyes turn purple. "I'm sorry." Clyde said as two sharpened crystals formed in his hands. "But you're not giving me any other choice." He said before lunging at Arcturion. Arcturion knew that Clyde wasn't in control of what was happening. "You can fight this." He said to Clyde. Just then Alex, Tommy and Ian arrived. "Clyde...but he was." He started to say in surprise. Tommy knew what he meant. "Well clearly not." He said preparing to fight. Alex stopped him. "You two can't get involved in this." He warned. "Just stay back." He said. "Why are you doing this?" Arcturion asked while avoiding the attacks. "He wants something called the Soul Stone." Clyde said. "A soul for a soul." Alex then realized what was going on. "What does that mean?" Ian asked seeing Alex's reaction. Alex looked at him. "They have to fight each other." He answered. "To get the stone you have to kill whoever you love most." He explained. "Whoever brought him back knew this." He added. "Then let's speed things up." Tommy said as Alex continued to block him. Just then Arcturion yanked the sharpened crystals away and pointed one at Clyde. "Do it." Clyde said. "Take the stone and keep it away from that guy." He said. Arcturion pointed the sharpened crystal but hesitated. Clyde walked over and kissed him. "I'm not losing you again." Arcturion said. "I know." Clyde said. "And I'm sorry Arc." He apologized before using the crystal in Arcturion's hand and jamming it into himself. "Don't stop fighting." He said before crystallizing. Ian looked as Arcturion fell to his knees at what happened. Tommy walked over as a yellow glow floated towards Arcturion...the Soul Stone. Arcturion grabbed it as the crystallized body began glowing before causing an explosion. The group immediately fled and headed to the hideout. When Tommy passed Frost Assassin, he knew something was up. "You got hit." He said. "How bad?" He asked. Tommy sighed and showed him a glowing wound on his side. "My offer is still available." Frost Assassin said before walking off. This left Tommy to wonder if he should accept. In another part of the hideout, Dalton was walking around and heard Alex and Arcturion talking about something and walked over towards the room they were in. Suddenly a flash of orange filled his mind and once it cleared he found himself on the floor in the room. "What happened?" He asked as Alex helped him to his feet. "No idea." Alex said. "You just walked in and just passed out for some reason." He explained. Dalton decided to get checked out and walked out of the room. Once he left Arcturion pulled out an orange crystal. "You sure about this?" He asked. Alex looked and him and nodded with a sigh. "It's better he doesn't know." He replied. The two of them opened a small portal and tossed the crystal into it before closing. "Otherwise he'll try to stop us." Alex said before starting to leave the room. "Pretty big jump for all of this." Arcturion said. Alex paused and took a breath. "It's worth the cost." He said before leaving.