Chapter 4

As the world started to come into focus, marinette slowly wakes from her dark haze.

Marinettes pov:
It's so dark, where am I? This isn't my room! I think frantically to myself. I'm lying on a bed, a really big king sized bed, "I'm so confused" i think to myself. I can't see anything but the bed I'm laying on, as I try and rub the sleep from my eyes i realise my hands are tied behind my back and my ankles also bound together. I cry out forgetting about my daze "help! Is anyone there? I don't know where I am." It's too dark and I'm starting to panic. fully awake now, I'm utterly terrified.

Adriens pov:
I'm discussing a future deal over with nino and Kim when we hear a cry for help come from where marinettes being kept. I made sure to get her a comfortable room, away from where everyone usually hangs. Downside is it's one of the few rooms not yet sound proofed. "I'm going to check on her" I smirk "I'm sure she will want to know where she is." I stand up and turn towards her room when max comes bursting in. "I'm sorry I didn't come back with the rest of you, I was leading bug eyes the opposite way of the escape car with marinette." He puffs. "Good job" I say and walk off towards her room. "Finally, I can asses how I'm going to handle her". I talk to myself. "Plagg claws on"

Marinettes pov:
I start to cry when I hear a lock turn in place and the room is flooded with light and I stop crying immediately, I'm blinded, in the middle of an empty roomed door way, the figure of a man appears then disappears as the door shuts. My eyes slowly growing accustomed to the now dark again room. The dark figure walks closer until I feel his hot breath on top of my head. My eyes are shut tight and I'm huddled in a ball on the bed. "Aren't you pretty pickings" the tall shadow figure says to me while using his hand to point my face towards him. "I might just have to keep you for myself. Open your eyes princess it's only me, your safe. For now" he whispered the last part so I only just couldn't understand him. I slowly open my eyes as the terror takes a notch down, his eyes!
My eyes go wide as I recognise that electric green gaze. "You!" I shout catching him off guard. "Your t-the one that followed me home that day, aren't you" I'm trying to talk normally but it's all coming out in rushed attempts at talking.
"Yes, but let's not talk about that, I'm giving you an opportunity to stay alive now. If I wanted I could have killed you already." His eyes narrow in the dark lighting. "Can... can we turn a light on please?" Is all I can manage. I see what I think is a smirk and I hear footsteps walk around, and then a soft lights illuminates the room. A small lamp next to the bed on a tiny table is turned on. I freeze, in the darkness I didn't realise his black ears and leather suit. Shit, I didn't even realise he was wearing a mask. "Chat..." I start to tear up but not cry yet "where am I? What do you want from me? If it's a money issue my parents will pay you, please don't kill me." I start to weep. He doesn't deserve to see me upset but I can't help cry a few tears. All of a sudden his smirk sets to a frown when he sees me upset. "Hey Mari, look I know your tired and scared and confused, but I'm not going to hurt you, look" he sighs " you have to do everything I say when the others are around but I want you to know that as long as they aren't here you can be yourself. nothings gonna happen to you as long as im here and your not alone with them." his eyes soften. As he sits on the bed I can't help but shake, I'm so cold and there are so many things happening in my head right now. I feel feint and hungry and all I know right now is that I'm with some powerful gang leader that has kidnapped me and is most likely gonna kill me. "It's cold" I say bluntly. He cocks his head to the side as another smirk emerges. "It is isn't it. your probably hungry as well?" I nod, not knowing what to say. "I'll bring you something, and as long as you behave I can help you." He stands from the bed " I'm going to untie your hands now" he says warily. If you try and do anything I'll have to restrain you again, okay.." he leans forward. "Turn around." I do as he says and he unties my hands, blistered from where the rope was. He then walks off towards the door, locking it behind him. After 5 minutes or so I drift into another sleep, it's so welcoming. Maybe I'll wake up and this is all a dream. Just like the Eiffel Tower, I half giggle at myself feeling more comfort with this new conclusion and I succumb to the welcoming darkness of the dream scape.