Chapter 23

Marinettes pov:
I wake with a start, a door slams shut, I turn to my side to wake up chat but he's gone. The clock says 2:34am, the bathroom door is open, black and empty. I hear feet coming up the stairs, so I quickly scramble under the bed. And the door opens. My heart beating out of my chest. 'What the fuck is going on?'
It's not chat, white pale legs appear at the doorway. They walk over to the bathroom and switch on the light. "Not in here," a girl puffs, I know that voice. But where from? And she leaves the room leaving the door open. Where is chat? Is Kim here? I watch as the feet walk back downstairs and wait for a cupboard door to open and close before dashing noisily from where I'm hiding into Kim's room, his purple walls darkening the aura and single bed empty. Then there's footsteps behind me, "There you are little rat." I hear a whisper as a hand grabs me. "HELP! I shreak as I'm thrown to the ground, and I see the face of my attacker. "Lila? What are you doing here, get off me!" I'm yelling but she just laughs. I punch her as hard as I can in the face and run for the stairs and get tackled down them, as I'm falling I hit my head twice and the worlds spinning as I stand up and run out the door into the woods, it's freezing and all I'm wearing is a singlet and shorts. I'm hidden behind a tree as lila shouts "you can't hide marinette! No matter where you are I'll find you. Chat noir isn't here to stand up for you now little baby!" She's taunting me and my head is spinning, I'm trying to walk straight and I trip over an overgrown root, a hand grabs my shoulder "HE-" my cry for help is muffled by a much bigger gray covered hand. "Shhh, marinette be quiet." I look up to see a dark skin boy with dreadlocks tied to a man ponytail at the back of his head. He kinda reminds me of a horse. "Carapace this is Pegasus, I followed lila after what happened with Kim and you were right," there's a pause but I can't focus on anything from the other line, he's holding me so I don't fall over and I feel sick, "no, chat didn't see me leave. I don't think anyone but you. Tell him to get here now. Lila needs to be kicked out of the gang immediately after this." And my world goes black as I feel a warm liquid going down my back. "Fuck, mari-" is all I hear until complete stillness. I'm cold and everywhere hurts, all I can see is chats smile as he's spinning me around in front of the lake.