Chapter 39

Marinettes pov:

I love the feeling of the wind through my hair.

I love the feeling of chat holding me.

I love the feeling of being out of that cramped house.

I love chat.

Chats pov:
"Before we get any closer mari, put this on." I hand her the usual black blindfold. "I don't like these things." She pouts, "I know baby, but this will be the last time I ever make you wear one. I promise." And it's the truth, but it hides the other meanings behind it. As she obliged I come within about 300 metres of her house.
"I love your hair." I kiss her cheek, "I love your eyes." I continue to kiss her. "I love your smile, your freckles, you personality." I kiss neck. "I love you marinette." I kiss her lips. She had her mouth slightly parted and she looks so beautiful.
I reach her home balcony, and place her down. "It's windy chat. Where are we?" She asks, it's time.

"You can take it off" I say softly, placing my arms around her waist loosely. And she slowly does, her eyes blink open and it takes her a moment to realise where she is.
"Chat.." she starts to tear up "Thankyou!" She says pulling me close into her embrace. "I'm finally home." She whispers. "Surprise," I say  softly, my voice shaking. We stand in each others arms for a few minutes before she pulls back, looking more serious now. "How will we work?" She asks and I can't answer, I stand there silently. "I'll try almost anything," she says smiling. "I love you princess." I can hardly say those words, "I love you too chaton." She says, and pulls me into a deep, passionate kiss. I can't stay. I want you to be safe, and have a normal life. It hurts so much, but she'll be better off this way chat. I reason with myself. I have to pull away before I get carried away, looking into her eyes I move back and sit on her balcony. I look into her eyes, her entire body seems to be smiling, "goodbye mari." I let the first single tear fall down my face, and she seems to freeze. "I'm confused." She shakes her head, "goodbye? What do you mean?" She starts to seemingly panic. "Marinette. On friday night, I thought you were dead. I thought that I had put you in danger all because you were dating me and that in return you would come into harms way. I'm a horrible person, I kill and hurt people. You shouldn't be with me." I close my eyes, and I feel her wrap her arms around my waist. Wobbling my balance on the balcony railing. "I need to leave. For your own safety." She starts to cry and tighten her grip around me. "Let me go..." I whisper, "no," she cries into my stomach, "you can't leave." She looks up to me, I can't see her like this. "It's for the best," I say my voice breaking. "Did I do something wrong, why don't you love me." She whimpers I feel like my heart is being torn in two, "I love you marinette. So, so, much. Don't doubt that." I plead with her " but that's why I have to leave. So you won't get killed." I stand up forcing her to let me go. "But what if someone finds me at school. Or, or out in public!" She yells at me. I bend down wiping the tears off her face, but they just keep coming. "I won't let that happen." I whisper kissing her forehead. She tries to argue more but I put my finger against her lips. "Goodbye my princess." I kiss her lips for the last time. "Please stay." She whispers. I look into her eyes as I stand up.
retrieving my baton i leap away. Leaving her calling over her balcony, "chaaat. Chaaaaat noooiir!" I can hear her cry into the night as I do what's best.

Marinettes pov:
"CHAAAT!" I scream one last time before falling to the floor. It feels like my hearts been cut open and left to bleed on some cold concrete floor. "kitten.." i whisper into myself as I curl up into a ball and cry.

I wake up to darkness around me. I'm cold and shivering, my eyes feel puffy and my chest is heaving. "Chat." Is all I can think. I stand up, he does not get the choice to leave me. After everything I've been through in the past 2 months, I will not let it end like this. I'm so happy I'm home but it's completely drowned out by the feeling of lost. I need to find him.
So I come up with a plan.