Chapter 6

Alyas pov:
It's been 5 days since marinette was kidnapped. I've gone back to school because I don't want to spend my time sulking in my house alone. Me and nino have started getting closer because of what happened to mari.
"I miss her so much" I sigh to nino who just lets me lean on his shoulder, trying to comfort me. School ended at 4:30 and we are sitting outside on the steps when Adrien exits the building, "hi guys" he says rather energetically, I eye him suspiciously. "How could he be so happy, I thought he loved her." I thought to myself.
When he sees me he slows down and is warily approaching now.
"Sup my dude" nino clasps adriens hand bringing him in for a hug.
"Hey Alya. how you holding up?" Adrien says with a softer tone. I look up at him again "not so good, I've been putting up posters everywhere and I've even talked to mayor bourgeois, he is going to do a speech tomorrow around 12 about it." "I hope they find her soon," Adrien just nods and looks down at the ground.
nino once your finished here come to my place we need to catch up on the science project" Adrien says. "course my dude, about an hour." Adrien walks off.
"Don't you find it kind of strange nino?",
"find what strange?" he asks.
"Well Adrien was all over marinette before she... she disappeared and now, he's almost acting as if she was never a real person." Nino turns back to look at me "Alya, he's just grieving in his own way. He recently lost his mom and now marinette. It's how He copes with it". Sighing I continue "I suppose your right nino. Everyone has been off lately."
He looks off for a second then he starts,
"Let me take you out Alya, to get your mind off things. I'm free friday after school, so how about it?" I blush, I like nino and want more from him, but I don't know if he feels the same. "Yea, that would be nice thanks." I smile up at him. "I have to go now nino, see you tomorrow." I walk away waving feeling a tiny bit more hopeful than before, but grief washes over me as I turn the corner away from him.