Chapter 12

Adriens pov:
As I return back home to marinette I walk straight upstairs towards the bedroom "Plagg, claws on!" And I transform but just as I turn the corner I notice the door is open. "Kim?..." there's no reply. "Marinette...." i look into the room and she isn't there.
i crash into the bathroom and yell "marinette!" I can't believe it he forgot to lock the fucking door after himself and now marinette has taken off, I thought she was finally starting to like me as chat, and I feel like my chest almost shatters, I head downstairs almost running when I hear a sneeze come from the lounge room and it's at that moment I notice marinette asleep on the couch.
"she stayed" I breath out surprised and relieved.
why didn't she run?. I go to the couch and just lay next to her, then I pull her into my arms and she starts to wake up.
"What did you think you were doing marinette?" As she wakes up she looks into my eyes hers widen in response.

Marinettes pov:
I'm dreaming but it's all fuzzy, I can't get a grip on anything that's going on. Then I feel pressure like a cord wrapping around my body,
I wake up being squeezed by someone, as I see chats blonde hair I look into his eyes. "What did you think you were doing marinette?" He says angrily and I'm utterly terrified.
my eyes widen. Fuck he's home and I wasn't even awake. I can't breathe, "chat" I cough out and he let's go realising he was suffocating me, he sits up so I do the same while drawing in breath. "Why did you leave the room?" He says his eyes blazing I'm frozen I forgot that the caring chat Ive seen wasn't his only side, I'm on the verge of tears as I remember what lila said to me the first time I met her "you should watch out. He isn't a good person".
"Why did you leave the room marinette?" He says louder looking hurt and defeated, but also really fucking angry.
I look down at my hands, I'm curled up on the couch.
"I wanted to show you that you could trust me! I don't like being locked up in a room all day everyday." I yell back at him crying now. He just looks at me, is he scared?
"Marinette, to show you this side of myself I've put myself and everyone I care about in danger, that's how much I care. To show how much I fucking trust you I brang you into my house! For gods sake, what else do I need to do!" He says back at me almost in a desperate tone.
"I don't get why your so mad at me, I didn't leave chat." I say still crying curling up into myself more, in the corner of the couch opposite of chat. The white luxurious leather becoming wet from my tears.
Chat slowly moves towards me and reaches out an arm, asking permission to pull me to his chest, "I thought you hated me now," I say annoyed.
he just shakes his arm and I can't help but yearn to be comforted by someone so familiar yet so mysterious, I have no Idea who he actually is.
I slowly climb out of my position and climb into chats arms, he holds me firmly.
"I'm not mad at you marinette, I'm mad at Kim but mostly myself. I should never have left you alone in the first place, I thought you left and all I've worked on between us means nothing..." I look into his eyes as he's gazing down at me. Wiping away my tears gently with his thumb he continues. "I don't know what that kiss meant to you last night mari, but it showed me that you do care about me.
Did that kiss mean nothing to you?" He asks looking hurt. And I'm so stunned by the question I have no idea what to say.
I choke out the words, "It meant something.". Its all I could manage as I lay my head on his chest and collapse into chat. He grabs the blanket that's next to him, and pulls it over us.
I'm between his legs as I lay on his chest his knees up to support me, and he switches on the tv. It's the most normal thing I've done in almost a week. And we just sit there.
when Kim comes home however I can tell that chat is uncomfortable and Kim is speechless staring at me on the couch.

Chats pov:
It meant something to her. It wasn't just me. I sit there looking at her watch tv for hours.
I don't realise the time until Kim walks in the door, I stiffen and look at Kim. Of course he's staring at mari, and in response she hides under the blanket,
"It's okay princess" I whisper to her and kiss her forehead.
"I'll talk to you later Kim." I look at him in warning and he just nods and goes upstairs. I don't want to leave marinette but I will have to talk to Kim,

When marinette is finally asleep chat noir decides to go see Kim and explain what happened. "He stands outside of Kim's room and can see the light on underneath.
"Hey Kim, can we talk?" Chat calls out into the darkness. Kim opens the door with cold eyes and agrees to talk to chat noir about what was happening between him and marinette.

Chats pov:
As we walk towards the stairs, Kim suddenly blurts out, "you know once we get the payment your never gonna see her as chat noir again right." I look at him, and although I know it's true I want to deny it. "Chat I get you care for her but it's a really bad idea, and I don't want anything that could damage the gang especially if you start to visit her as chat after she's free and you get caught. What would we do without you to lead us?" I'm so mad at Kim. "Can't you understand that I actually want to be in a normal relationship for once Kim. My entire life is dedicated to the group and I almost never take time for myself. Don't you understand any of that or are you too thick headed and you don't know what love means!" I yell at him. "Not to mention the reckless act you pulled today, you forgot the simplest task at locking a door! imagine if she had gotten out and told everyone where this house is, they could track it back to me as adrien you as Kim and the rest of the gang, you left her door unlocked! It's like your an irresponsible child! I yell at him.
we're halfway down the stairs as he yells "fuck you!" And tackles me down the rest of them, we land with a very loud thump.
Fuck mari is still asleep right there. "Not now Kim. Not here." I say looking at marinette who is asleep. "Oh sorry kitty cat don't want your weak defenceless girlfriend to hear us and watch you get beat." He yells and marinette starts to wake up, "I've had enough of you Kim! Just because your ex cheated doesn't mean everything revolves around how you feel." I yell at him and he punches me square in the nose, and it starts bleeding. I wipe it with my arm and then kick him off me so he lands on his ass, when he lunges for me again I'm ready and I take his hand he is about to punch me with and wrap it around his back using my foot to sweep both his feet from under him.
"Chat...?" Marinette says sleepily, I ignore her.
"This time you've gone too far Kim!" I don't care what I do now he needs to be taught a lesson. "Cataclysm!" I yell and green bubbles appear at my hand as I'm about to punch him with it marinette screams at me,
"Chat, what are you doing?" The pure fear in her voice is enough to knock some sense into me and i look at marinette, she looks terrified and I look down at Kim, he's hurting inside just like me. That still doesn't give him the right to not want others to be happy in a relationship.
So I touch a small table holding some magazines to my right and it crumbles to the ground using my cataclysm. But Kim isn't finished and he punches me again hitting the same spot twice, I fall back in pain. Shit he's strong and then marinette is behind him pulling him off me which he knocks her back into the staircase hitting her head on the railing. Kim looks behind himself at mari, "shit.." is all he can say before climbing up and running out the front door. "Coward" I hiss at him before realising marinette is shaking as she stands, she is holding the back of her head and when she removes her hand I see dark red blood on them.
marinette! Are you okay?" I go to her picking her up and taking her to the bedroom. She hasn't said anything yet and I'm starting to worry, I sit her on my lap as I sit on the edge of the bed. I ask to see her head and he just turns it, nothing too serious a small scrape I breathe out in relief, then she speaks.
"Why did you do that chat? You were gonna kill him. Don't you care that he has a life as well," I'm shocked as she looks up at me with tears falling down her face. I go to wipe it off when I realise she flinches away from my hand,
"Mari," I start to try and explain but she buts in "don't mari me , you have no right to take the life away from another living being, he has a family!" And she scrunches her eyes close as she shoves her face against my chest.
"I don't know what happened in the past to make you violent chat." She puts her hand over where my heart lies. "But I know that you have a heart in there capable of caring and love." She pushes me back onto the bed and just lays on top of me. It starts to get uncomfortable so I scoot back further onto the bed. Now my legs are balanced on the bed. she grabs a blanket and tosses it over us as she straddles me still lying down.
And we just sit there in silence for hours.
"Your right," I say
"Of course I am." She sniffles
I hug her tightly and don't ever want to let her go.