Chapter 24

Kim's pov:
- 30 minutes before marinettes attack.
"Alright guys, chats going to be here in 10 and he will discuss what is happening with the marinette case and how were going to collect the money and return the girl." I've gathered the gang below me. Nino and I are second in charge so we can do things like this without being questioned about trying to over run chat. "Although chat has taken time off to spend personal time, he has been working as hard as all of us. He's never taken a break for anything before , but we all have. so he is excused without question. Anyone got a problem speak now!" And no body speaks up so I nod and am about to continue when I get interrupted by a familiar troubling face I've learnt to hate: "if he loves her soooo much why not just release her now? Forget the payments right," a few unseen people agree with her but the rest stay in shocked silence. When I find my voice I'm defending chat, "because he hasn't told her who he is yet," as I hear shocked gasps I start again, "I do not agree with him but he truly loves her and trusts her enough to show his own face. If she becomes his partner in crime she will be second in command before me and nino, and you will all learn to respect her." I finish and am about to jump off the table I've been standing on when chat comes in. "Thankyou for the speech Kim, that was very smart of you." And he gets up onto the table next to me "lila, although you do not like the girl if you wish to stay in this gang you will respect her. I'm proud of all of you for staying behind me and you will not regret it. We will run over Paris and make sure cataclysmic is a France wide known name." And everyone starts cheering. A male voice from the back calls out "just make sure to use protection adrien!" And everyone bursts into laughter, even chat smiles widely. "I intend to do so" he winks, and as the laughter dies down, "now to more serious buisness. The Eiffel Tower takeover. Let's discuss it."
I watch as lila storm out of the room and I know chat notices as well.

Soon after, nino and Pegasus are standing near the doors lila left from, and max in his miraculous state leaves the building. As chat gets down from the table to talk to a few more trusted individuals I take him to the side quickly. "I think nino and max are up to something, max left the building without telling anyone and he did so trying to make sure no one saw." Chat narrows his eyes, "what do you think it means?" He asks looking around now, "could they be spies?" I ask, "Don't be stupid Kim! They are some of the closest partners i have and I trust them with everything. But I want you to follow max. Take the back exit and don't lose him." He hands me the monkey miraculous. And I nod running unseen by nino to the back door, "xuppu, show time!" I transform and start to follow Pegasus out into the forest.

I notice he's heading towards where me and adrien live, I hear screaming as I get closer to the house, what the fuck is going on? I lose sight of max and I watch as lila runs outside of my house calling "you can't hide marinette! No matter where you are I'll find you. Chat noir isn't here to stand up for you now little baby!" Shit, Lila is pissed. Everyone thought it was a joke that she was in love with chat but I'm second guessing that opinion right now.
I reach out my miraculous communicator and ring chat, he picks up on the second ring, "king monkey? What's going on?" I can tell he's not alone in the room and everyone is listening, "chat get back to the house immediately, Lila is having a fit and I'm not sure where marinette is." I hear nino in the back, "is that Kim? Where is he." Everyone joins in with what's going on and chat hangs up. I go into the house after I watch lila run in the opposite direction, "marinette!" I'm yelling as I run through the house, I slip on the stairs, there's blood on two of them, "fuck," I mutter as I avoid the blood and reach chats room. Nothing. I check the entire house again and Around 7 minutes later, I hear chat calling from outside the house, he's appeared fast. I run outside in time to see Pegasus coming out of the woods carrying marinettes ragdoll like body out of the woods, nino and luka are present. "Marinette!" I call and chat looks behind him to her fragile body, bloods soaked in her hair and she looks like a mess.

Chats pov:
The gang has a special hospital like area in the warehouse. It's small but it gets the work done, when some of us get injured out in a fight we can't just go to a normal hospital.
Marinette is in one of the small beds and I'm leaning my chest over her upper legs, she's been unconscious for two days after hitting her head falling down the stairs multiple times. Lila got away and none of us have found her. If I see her I swear to myself I'll make her regret ever thinking of marinette again. I feel like I've failed her, and I fall asleep with her warmth and gentle breathing rocking me into a restless nap.

Marinettes pov:
Black.
All I see is black.
I can hear people talking but it's all blurred.
Then the black is back.

Grey.
It's grey today, and I can understand a voice, "chat.." I'm so happy but as I think those words, my mouth doesn't move, it won't move.
Then the grey takes me somewhere more peaceful.

White.
All I can see is white light, I beg my eyes to adjust and they suddenly open,
a dimly lit room surrounds me and it's small with 5 other similar beds to the one I'm laying on. I can't feel my legs.
I look down and chat is asleep on them. As I move them I try and call out "kitty," but I'm so tired. I can only just move my hand to brush his hair and he stirs.
Green eyes blink up at me and his eyes widen, in seconds he's hugging me. "God dammit marinette," he's shaking, "what's going on, chat?" I murmur, He's so cold against me, and I move over. "Lay with me," I offer tugging his hand. "I thought your were gonna die, and all because of me. I'm so sorry mari." He shuffles awkwardly in next to me, he's a fine build so it's a struggle even as I'm really small, for us both to fit. But I don't care right now, I need to keep him warm, he looks the same as always, expect his hair is more fuzzy, it tickles my nose and I giggle, "Why are you sorry"I say as I wrap one arm around his waist, he rolls onto his side and we now have a little more room, "why am I here. What happened?" He looks at me shocked. "You don't remember what happened?" I shake my head indicating that I don't know. "Mari.. you." He looks pained and he sighs, "lila attacked you because I announced that we were dating and she got jealous, wanting to hurt you ." His eyes are screwed shut.

A few hours later and after something to eat I've regained some strength as chat tells me i got a slight concussion and 3 stitches to the bottom of my head.
Black. Grey. White
It's coming back to me,
"I woke up and you weren't there, I was alone and scared chat." I say as all the horrible images of lila attacking me comes back to mind. "My head hurts," I say painfully rubbing it. "Don't touch it princess, you might open the stitches that were put in from when you fell down the stairs." His eyes softening,
"that's not what I remember," he looks confused. "Lila tackled me down after she attacked me in kims room." I say flinching at the memory. Chats breathing becomes heavier and I notice his eyes are now stone cold, narrowed and are avoiding my gaze. I reach up to his face and he looks at me. If looks could kill. "You need to tell me everything that happened mari." He says almost angrily and I flinch my hand away,
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you, I'm just mad that lila did that to you." His voice drops, and I know that he is dangerous. But he would never hurt me, would he?