What A Mess

Suga's POV

Was I jealous?

I insert a coin into the vending machine, it makes a small 'clug' sound before releasing the fizzy drink I just bought. I bend down and pick it up. It opens with a 'fizz' sound and I drink it while leaning back on the gym wall. I can see glimpses of the sun peaking out of the large grey clouds.

Looks like it's going to rain.

I take another sip as you wait for Hinata at the side of the gym. I thought about what (F/N) said this morning: 'He's my Ex-crush'.

What does that mean. Does she like him? Or is it the other way around? Do they both like each other? Now that they're both in volleyball club, will they get together?!

I tap nervously on my soda can. In the distance I see the orange headed boy jump up and down towards me with a white volleyball in his hand. I smile at him and I put my drink down to the side. I had to make up the missed practice and Daichi said that Hinata needed help with receives.

I mean after what just happened yesterday with (F/N), it wouldn't hurt to help the little boy. Wow, I'm still thinking about (F/N). I can't get her out of my head. Focus Suga.

"SUGAWARA!!! I WANT TO BE BETTER AT RECEIVES!" he said with determination. He came running to me with his mouth wide open. His determination was contagious as you nod at his request.

"I tell you what, once we're done, you'll be so good at receives that you'll be able to send back one of (F/N)'s spikes."

Yup, she's still in my head.

The boy nodded several times in excitement as he passed me the volleyball.

"Ready?"

"Yayaya!" He gleefully responds. He jumps up and down with those powerful jumps, I stop for a second to admire them.

Seriously, he jumps as high as (F/N).

I toss the ball towards him and he misses the ball by a few inches. He passes it back to me and I toss it back again. Hinata hit it this time but it didn't bounce back to you as it flies off to the side. The ball lands with a 'fwamp' as it hits the head of a boy.

"Ow." the boy said still facing the vending machine. I couldn't see his face as he holds the volleyball in his hands.

"What the-" he turns around to face us. It was Kageyama. He lets out a huff, he's obviously pissed at the little tangerine.

"Hinata" he muttered under his breath. He carelessly tosses the ball back and continues to grab his milk from the vending machine. He walks away while grumbling a few words you couldn't comprehend. They didn't sound too happy.

Even he scares me

I clear your throat as I divert my focus back attention on Hinata,

"Okay Hinata."

"Yes Sugawara-senpai!" his eyes were still cheerful as he disregarded Kageyama.

"Put your arms like this, so it's a wider surface. It'll make it a bit easier" I demonstrated the right position to him, forming my arms into a flat platform. Hinata laid out his arms, copying my position with ease.

"Okay good! And make sure you bend your legs like this" I squat down, making sure my arms were parallel to my feet. He copies me again and I say,

"Awesome. That way the ball will come back with enough force to be sent back to your opponents. Make sure to use your legs for power instead of your arms. This will give you more control of the ball" I tap at my thighs to demonstrate.