Plan A

Mitsuki's POV

"Full-House!" I exclaimed and the rest of them groan in response. They placed their cards down in defeat as I collected the biddings. We weren't bidding real money, just monopoly money I scavenged from the board game with several missing pieces. In fact, when I was five, I remembered shoving up a tiny silver boot figurine up Hajime's nose. I lodged it too far in and it got stuck there. One trip to the hospital and a screaming Hajime later, it eventually came out. A horrific night to remember.

I will never look at monopoly the same again...

As I collect the paper bills, I gaze at all my friends I've made from training camp. I invited them over to my house for board games in celebration of nationals. All of them chit chatted away like a bunch of birds, unable to contain their laughter. Though I was enjoying my time with them, I had this heavy feeling in my chest weighing me down. (F/N). She always popped up in my head.

I feel guilty for having fun without her but knowing her, she wouldn't want me to wallow from her absence.

"Damn Mika you're good at this" Kuroo observed as he took a sip of his yakult, disrupting my thoughts.

"And I thought I was good at games..." Kenma mumbled as he slid another monopoly bill to me.

"Hehe, three in a row suckaaasss" I said in a sing-song tune. I stack the bills up and start fanning myself with the money.

"How did you get so good anyway?" Toma asked cheerfully as she ate from a bowl of BBQ chips. She licked her fingers and grinned widely with food stuck in her teeth.

"Oi, I almost gotcha Mika." Bokuto butted in as he slammed his cards down, displaying a straight. He had an arm around Toma who pushed him away for interrupting her question.

This is nice. Bokuto and Toma's relationship hasn't wavered since. I'm so happy for them. More importantly, I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

I smile at Tsukishima who sat there with a bored expression. He wasn't super open to the idea of Yamaguchi not being here, but he was undoubtedly willing to go knowing that I was hosting. Our eyes meet briefly and I catch a small grin forming on his lips.

"Heh, I played a bit with Terushima" I smirked and Tsukki gathers the cards to ignore my comment. He stacks them skillfully and runs his fingers through the cards one by one.

"Ah, how did you even meet this guy anyway..." Tsukki asked nonchalantly as he shuffled the cards again. It made a satisfying swooshing sound in his long fingers. He failed to make direct eye contact with me, concealing his jealousy.

"Ah don't worry beb. I just met him on Tinder" I teased as I quickly peck his cheek, "I'm going to get more soda in the fridge. Anyone want?"

A few hands shot up and I kept count before making my way to the kitchen. Opening the fridge, the cold air hit me like a gentle breeze. It was refreshing on my warm cheeks. The sun was blazing hot and the air conditioner was on full blast. Reaching into the fridge, I grab a few drinks when my cellphone rang all of a sudden. Reaching into my jean shorts, I prop up the phone with my shoulder scrunched up to my ear.

"Moshi Moshi!"

The clatter of aluminum cans on the ceramic floor makes the rest of my friends turn around in surprise. The fizzy drinks pool around my feet in a variety of colours. The cold sensation didn't even phase me as I listened intently to Suga's every word. He was a panicking mess but calm at the same time. Strange combination but, it was likely of Suga. He was the glue of the team, keeping all of us in or order with (F/N). Holding the phone with two hands, I listened closely to what he had to say.