Enough.

Suga POV

Have you ever loved someone so much it hurt? Well, right now I am beyond hurt. I'm broken.

Using my sweater that had a faint scent of (F/N), I place it over my head as the fluorescent lighting was blinding my eyes. My watch read '10:00pm'. Sighing to myself, I've eaten enough candy bars from the vending machine to sustain me. It's been hours since the surgery, yet not a single clue was given. No updates. No hell yet. No relief either. Just the emptiness of my thoughts to occupy me.

My feet were propped up on the arm rests as I awkwardly scrunch up in the small hospital chair. The waiting area was nearly empty with just my dad and I.

"Visiting hours are over sir, you can come back tomorrow at 5am." A nurse informed me as I peel off the sweater from my face.

"C'mon Kou, let's go home." My dad directs but me let out a sharp 'tsk'.

"I'll go home myself." I refused. Groggily sitting upright, I take hold of two duffle bags. One was (F/N)'s.

"Kou, don't be like that."

"I have every right to be like this." I grumble as I swing my legs back to the floor.

"Please let me drive you home." He offered but I still refused

"I don't need your help" I snapped

"Kou. This isn't what your mother would've wanted."

"And how could you of all people, possibly know what she would want?! You're barely here and always off doing your job, who knows doing what. Off with some secret lover or-"

"I love your mother! How dare you assume that I'd cheat on her! I don't work abroad to please myself! I work hard for the both of you!"

"Then why didn't you at least visit once in a while? Would it kill you? Or did you forget you even have a family? Was I never good enough for you to stay?!" I yelled as I let out every ounce of anger from my body. My cry was loud enough that the nurses turned their heads in my direction.

Am I never enough?

Earlier

"Ukai-san"

The sound of cheering spectators radiated from the TV. It was an old TV, just small enough to fit on a bedside table. I glance back and forth at him and the TV set.

"I'm impressed Suga, you've been improving on your technique. However, that number 7 has my particular interest" he remarked as he pointed at the screen with the remote.

"What are you doing here?" I mumbled as I tried calming myself down.

I never hated Ukai, but he always made me feel like I wasn't good enough. Daichi would always say that it's not that he thinks less of me, it's because he wanted me to push myself. Didn't feel like that at the time.

"I have my own heart troubles too." He sighs as he shows a holter monitor on his chest, "Heart attack. And may I ask what brings you here?"

"Are you finally satisfied that we beat Seijoh?" Dismissing his question.

I knew the old geezer was always upset by how pathetic the team was before. Maybe this changed his view.

"I'll never be satisfied. Not until you beat Nekoma." He grinned mischievously

"Nothing's enough for you." I spat, as Ukai raised a brow at me.

"Something on your chest Suga? You never seemed like the bitter type."