More than Words

"Do you like this outfit?" Kenma asks as he holds up his switch to you.

You glance at the outfit he set for his character in Animal crossing and you giggle.

"It's perfect."

He dressed up his character in a tux and you clothed your character with a white poofy wedding dress.

"Ha, ready to get married virtually" Kenma asks with a smirk. You laugh and nod at his gesture as you both pressed a bunch of buttons on the controllers and 'for he's a jolly good fellow' is ringing in the background.

We were on the last day of training camp and throughout the whole week, Kenma noticed your jittery tendencies so he decided to play video games with you to distract you. Even if it was just for a bit, you were grateful for him being there. Kenma wasn't an affectionate person but when he did care for others, he cared deeply.

"How's your sister by the way?" Kenma blindly asked but stops pressing the 'x' button when he notice you flinch.

"She's doing okay." you say in a tiny voice and lower your gaming console to look at his face.

"Are you sure she's okay?" Kenma queried as he continued to pressed more buttons.

"Well, like... she's not the same as before the accident. She's just barely grasping onto memories of herself or what she loves."

"And what does she love?"

I pray not Suga.

"Hm. The doctor said to surround her with familiar things, but I don't know what's going to trigger back any memories."

"What about volleyball?" he asks as he starts driving a tiny car with you in the game.

"I don't know... last time we left off. Volleyball was a sore spot for her."

You recall the accident and how your dad kept comparing you and Kiyoko. It made more sense now that Kiyoko was your half sister, but inheriting 'volleyball genes' sounds absurd.

"But you overcame it eventually didn't you?"

Kenma and you were driving away in the video game as the happily married couple over the sunset. It was just like a Disney Fairytale.

"Eventually, but that's because of-"

You stop yourself as you remember Suga telling you his goal when you first met. 'I want you to fall in love with volleyball again.'

Suga...

You stop playing for a second and close your eyes, trying to grasp onto your mixed feelings.

"Hey" Kenma places a hand on yours and you open your eyes. You didn't realize that your eyes watered thinking about Suga.

"We should go to sleep. It's getting late." Kenma murmurs as he shuts off his device

"Yeah... I'll just head to bed. I do have the breakfast shift with Toma tomorrow." you yawned trying to coverup your tears.

"Let me know if you need anything." Kenma offers awkwardly. He really was trying his best to comfort you and that thought itself made you smile.

"Thanks Kenma. Goodnight."

"Night."

~

Mitsuki's POV

I'm lying down on my sleeping bag, listening to music with Tsukishima's headphones that he surprisingly let me borrow. He didn't even let Yams borrow his headphones. I tap my fingers to the beat of the music until Toma interrupts me,