Nosebleeds

Kageyama's POV

She was acting more jumpier than usual

I insert a coin into the vending machine and press a button. I got my usual. Milk. Inserting a straw in the box forcefully, I drink it down fast. Tilting my head to the sky, I pondered about the times I tried confessing to (F/N) that I love her. I recall that I wrote a love letter but I never had the courage to give it. I wasn't the best with words, so writing it down made it easier.

Felt like forever ago, but it's weird that my feelings haven't faded. I remember the times she would sit beside me in class because everyone was too scared to. Or the time she'd pass notes to me in class with funny drawings when I was sad. Or when you'd spend time studying together because I sucked at math, but she was so patient with me. She took the effort to make diagrams, step by step tutorials and everything. She was amazing.

I don't know where I went wrong.

I left off on a bad note with her when I overreacted seeing her with Suga. I acted badly on my part. Controlling my anger was difficult. 'King of the Court', the nickname given to me from my anger issues.

I was angry at her for not telling me about the accident. I know it seems selfish but I just wanted to be with her; she left me without notice.

Her words echos in your head, 'you were everything to me'

I really hope she meant that.

"Kags. Break's over" a voice called over to me. They startled me and I dropped my box of milk. Irritated at first, I realize it was (F/N) as she peeps out from the gym door while smiling apologetically. My anger dissipated.

She's the only one that makes me feel this way.

Entering into the gym, coach Ukai yells,

"ALRIGHT! WE'RE GOING TO PRETEND THIS IS THE REAL DEAL. IF YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN BEAT SEIJOH, YOU MUST HAVE THE MENTALITY YOU'RE PLAYING THEM RIGHT NOW. DO NOT LET YOUR GUARD DOWN AND NEVER LET THE BALL TOUCH THE GROUND. PLAY LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!"

After he draws a bunch of diagrams on the white board he blows his whistle.

"PRACTICE UNTIL YOUR ARMS FALL OFF!"

It's like another Mika. Where did this guy even come from?

My eyes catch (F/N) doing more wicked spikes and even some sets. I didn't know she could set like that. Sugawara is teaching her and she tries to mimic his actions. He's adjusting her arms to demonstrate a perfect setting position. Irritated, I grab a volleyball from the nearest cart and squeeze it between my fingers.

What does she see in him anyway? He's such a flirt.

I make a jump serve towards the net but it was purposely low, aiming for Suga. Suga ducked down to tie his shoes just in the nick of time. The ball instead hits (F/N) at full force in the face.

OH CRAP

Everyone in the gym immediately stopped what they were doing and all eyes darted towards me. A lump in my throat formed as the guilt in my body consumed me.

Hinata pointed at me, "see this is why you're still single." 

Grabbing him by the throat, I start choking him out of anger. Tanaka ran over to separate us,

"You're like a bunch of animals!" 

Hinata's legs and arms were flailing in the air when Tanaka lifted him from the back of his shirt. Checking to see (F/N) was okay, I see her pinching the bridge of her nose, blood was dripping on the floor. I gave her a nosebleed. While approaching her, Tsukishima clapped slowly and yelled,