Karasuno Fight!

"You can't play volleyball anymore." the doctor informed you. "You have to refrain from any strenuous physical activity. It'll hurt more than benefit you."

I can't play volleyball anymore?

It was 3 months post accident. You still had braces wrapped around your right leg and arm. You couldn't count how many sessions you had of physiotherapy, but it felt endless. You worked so hard believing you can go back to your normal life, but you already missed so much of school. Your mom already dropped you out of school to homeschool you. You never felt more lonelier than ever.

As the doctor removes the braces, you run your fingers up and down the scar on your arm. He inspects both your injuries and writes more notes in his clipboard.

"The fractures you have are healing well, but the surgery was tricky. We had to remove a some nerves in order to reach your severed arteries. It may cause pain and discomfort especially playing a sport like volleyball. If you damage more arteries, you might even loose sensation. Your arm can't bend that far back how it used to. I also discussed with your psychiatrist, and volleyball is one of your triggers, yes?"

A sudden weight sits on your chest as everything he said was a blur. You clutch the end of the examination table and your arms begin to shake. You wanted to say something but you still had difficulty making out words.

The thought scares me. Playing again without my dad or my sister. I have no purpose anymore.

"But hey. There are other activities that you can do that will bring you joy." the doctor places a hand on your shoulder and makes eye contact with you.

Bring me joy?

"Here." he hands you a pamphlet that reads 'Creativity in your hands: a log of activities post recovery'

"There's some art classes you can take. I recommend the sketching 101. My daughter really enjoys that one."

Taking the pamphlet in your hands your eyes loom over the pictures of people having fun. Face painting, colouring, drawing, moulding clay... nothing that 'sparked joy'

How can they be so happy?

"Don't worry (F/N), you'll find something you love"

Something I love.

End flashback

Your leg rapidly bounces up in down as you hold your clipboard. You were doodling a picture of your dad and Kiyoko. It was hard to keep a steady hand as the bus moves along the bumpy road.

I can't believe I'm playing volleyball. I thought I would never go back to this sport.

"Woow senpai! You're so good a drawing!"

Huh senpai?

You look towards Hinata with a confused face as you tap your pen to your lips. His orange hair was as vibrant as his smile. He was sitting beside you on the bus, swinging his legs in excitement.

"Hinata-kun. Did you just call me senpai?"

He nods happily and asks,

"Well, aren't you my upperclassmen? You're not in any of my classes?"

"Oh, that's right. I guess I didn't tell you I'm in advanced classes."

"SENPAI! YOU'RE SO WELL ROUNDED!" he leaned in closer to you in awe.

"Um, Hinata I'm not your senpai?" you try to explain slowly to the boy. He still looked confused.

"She's in advanced courses but she's our age you idiot." Kageyama scoffed. He was sitting in the seat behind you. You didn't know he was listening in to your conversation. Kageyama looked bored as he stared out the window with his arm propping up his chin.