Future

*some spoilers from the manga, read ahead if you're okay with it :)*

(F/N)'s POV

As we've known, volleyball has come to an end for us.

"Butter for your toast?" Suga offers you a piece of toast and you smile giddily.

"Yes please." You say as you take it from his hand.

But somehow, I wasn't upset or filled with hatred

"Juice, my love?" Suga passes the apple juice box as he sticks in the straw for you. He struggles at first for only having one good arm, but he successfully pierces it through. It gave him confidence knowing he's still providing for you; you didn't want to shatter it for him. Besides, you found it very attractive that he was trying so hard.

Suga and I, our goal was to bring Karasuno to nationals.

"Of course." you take it from his hand and smile at the tiny picture of the dancing apple on the cartridge.

Even if we weren't the centre of attention...

Taking a sip, you both get comfortable in bed, turning the channel to the sports network. After weeks of debate, Karasuno was allowed to compete for nationals. We eagerly bundle up in our blankets and wait for the announcement: Karasuno vs. Inarizaki High.

It was better this way. That was our purpose.

You feed him a grape and his cheeks puff up from the food. You could hear the nurses giggle from the hallways. Nowadays, you and Suga have been the main topic of this hospital floor. They saw how we couldn't leave each other so they decided to move your hospital bed in his room.

"Do you need another pillow for your back?" Suga offers as he shuffles over

To uplift others. Our purpose

"No it's okay, thank you love" you smile upwards, feeling your heart flutter.

And even so, volleyball was never truly done for us.

You look upwards to Suga and he smiles warmly, "Whatcha thinking about?"

You sigh and lean your head on his shoulder, "Nothing in particular."

It never was really over. Not as long as he's here.

He squeezes your hand and mumbles with food in his mouth, "Oooh ooh it's starting!!"

I will always keep volleyball close to my heart. I've fallen deeply in love with it, his goal from the start.

You giggle at how ridiculous he looks. His childlike mannerisms would appear here and there, giving you more reasons to love him.

He gazes down at you and catches you staring.

"Yes, (F/n)?" He raised his eyebrows in the cutest way, the tuffs of his hair sprawled chaotically

"I like your birthmark." You poke the tiniest mole on the apple of his cheek. He lets out a light laugh and squeezes your hand again.

"You're adorable, you know that?" He smiles brightly.

As we watch the game together, during the commercial breaks, we'd play some card games that my mom brought when she visited. Suga's parents were freaking out just as much as your mom but then again, they were parents. And as embarrassing as they were, they'd catch us taking naps together and manage to steal pictures to post on Facebook. The comment section was filled with ring emojis.

"Ooh look it's Mika!" You say excitedly, almost spilling your apple juice.

Mika comes on screen, dressed in the Karasuno volleyball jacket. She holds her head high, smiling proudly into the sea of spectators. She grasps firmly onto the 'FLY' banner and on the other end,