In The Dark

Dad used to tell you that volleyball is like learning to fall in love. He'd say, 'you get hit in the face sometimes and it hurts A LOT, but no matter how much it hurts, it's getting back up is what matters most'.

"Dad, that could be applied to anything." Kioyko said with her hand propping up her chin at the dinner table.

"I know, but..." he glances towards his wife cooking breakfast. He lowers his newspaper and looks at you from across the table.

"Its worth the effort. Trust me"  he glances towards mom making 'lovey dovey' eyes. Mom places pancakes on his plate and he steals a kiss. You stab at your eggs and gulf them down.

Ugh its like they're back in High school again. He's always so sappy when it comes to mom.

"One day, you'll love a person just as much as you love volleyball."

You take another stab at the breakfast sausage.

Yeah right. What's there to love more than volleyball? You glance at your parents and they were making giggly noises as they rub nose to nose.

"Omg get a room!" Kiyoko would say covering hers and your eyes. Her face turned a crimson colour. You started to peek through her fingertips, as the curious ten-year old you were.

Everyone at the table breaks out it laughter. This is the only love you knew. A love that spoke home.

No volleyballs hitting my face... Yet.

End flashback

'WHAM' a volleyball almost hit your face when Suga intercepted it with his hand. You were too busy looking at the scoreboard to notice.

"Are you okay (F/N)?"

You couldn't hear him because you were wearing the earplugs he gave you earlier. You pop one out of your ear and say,

"Sorry, come again?"

He laughs at you as the ball bounces back into the court. He props his face with his left hand and steals glances at you. He tries to pretend he's not looking at you, but you could still see him at the corner of your eye. Whenever you tried to catch him looking, he'd look away, acting clueless.

Why is he looking at me like that?

You shove back the yellow earplug and start adjusting the scoreboard. '24 vs 23'

Hm tight game.

As you continue to watch the match, you realize it's been a long time since the last time you've watched one. The last time you remember watching was for Kageyama's tournament. This was when he actually cooperated with his teammates. You remember when Mika would scream so loudly that other teams would stop and stare at the two of you. Usually you'd be embarrassed by Mika, but it didn't bother you when it came to Kageyama's games. You wanted him to notice you.

"HINATA YOU IDIOT!" Kageyama yelled at the smaller boy.

Guess he has changed a lot since then.

He makes quick eye contact with you again and you give him a thumbs up to cheer him on. His face was already red from the game, but you swore it turned an even darker shade.

I wonder if he's still mad at me.

'SLAM' the ball rebounded to Kageyama's side and in frustration he yells again at Hinata.

"YOU COULD'VE STOPPED THAT!!!" he yelled pointing at where the ball landed.

Maybe I should talk to him after this match.