Chapter 5: Imprisonment

This chapter is going to explain what is happening with Tristan and Elizabeth in the dungeon of Jareth's castle. 

   Elizabeth opened her eyes and released a soft groan. "Where am I" she questioned the darkness. Looking around all she could see was a pitch black abyss. As her eyes adjusted she noticed a small light flickering in the corner. She stood and slowly slid her feet against the ground making sure not to run over anything. Placing a hand in front of her she felt medal bars that were cold and rusted. "Hello?" She cooed. She let out a sigh realizing that no one was there or at least that's what she thought. Off in the distance she heard a soft cry. She edged on following the sound.

   When she reached the owner of the cry she screamed. It was Tristan! He was all dirty and he looked like he hadn't slept in forever(even though it hadn't been that long since they wished him away)."What did they do to you!" She cried squeezing her sibling in her arms. Tristan looked up and smiled "They haven't done anything to me...why?" Maybe he didn't have bags under his eyes, it must have just been dirt. "No reason, I'm just glad your alright." Elizabeth said hugging Tristan even harder.

   "What happened to you after we wished you away?" she asked. Tristan sighed and stood up. "Well..." He began "After you guys wished me away, some goblins took my hands and lead me into my closet" he continued "Once I was there they opened this door and I was in the castle, Jareth laughed at me and sent me down here. He said that you would join me later and here you are". "Ugh that troll!" She hissed. That no good King sent her brother down here alone and then just left him here. "Oh he is gonna pay for this" she thought.

   The two talked for awhile. They wondered about their sister Savannah's progress and they questioned each other on whether or not they would ever be free. "Savannah's coming for us" assured Elizabeth. "I hope she hurry's before mom and dad get home!" Tristan replied. They continued to sit in silence when they heard someone approach their cell door. Whoever it was, they were laughing at them. "Who's there?" They said in sync. The laughter grew louder as light began to fill the dungeon.

   When their cell was completely lit they could see the Goblin King. He was laughing at them, mockingly. "What do you want!" Tristan shouted. Jareth's laughter died "I don't want anything, I just wanted to see how you were enjoying the life of a prisoner". Elizabeth ran to the cell door attempting to hit the man. Jareth was in the cell within a second without even unlocking the door. "Well that's not very nice" and with a flick of his wrist Elizabeth was on the ground chains draping from her arms. "Leave her alone!" the little boy yelled running towards his sister. "She brought it on herself!" The King said with a grin. He knelt down and brought his gaze to the children's. "You might want to behave yourselves...your sister wont be happy if she comes here and something has happened to either one of you" Jareth said with a chuckle. "We're not scared of you!" Elizabeth proclaimed. "Oh but you should be" He said smirking.

   Jareth began to walk back to the door. The children could do nothing but stare at him as he disappeared leaving nothing but glitter to mark where he once stood. "Don't worry Tristan everything will be fine when Savannah gets here" the sister told her brother as she pulled on her restraints. Now that there was light Elizabeth could see that the dungeon went on and on. It didn't seem to end. "Oh Savannah please hurry" she thought to herself. "Well what do we do now?" Tristan asked. "Well...um...I don't know. What can we do now that we are in a dungeon?" Elizabeth was right. She was restrained and they were both locked away in a small cell...they couldn't really do anything.

   "Why don't I try to break us out!" Suggested Tristan. "No don't do that! Lord knows what would happen if we were caught trying to escape!" Elizabeth said shooting down the suggestion. "But I'm so bored!" The boy complained. Elizabeth was not going to listen to Tristan complain the entire time they were locked away. "Complaining won't help! If we just relax and wait, Savannah will be here before you can blink". Elizabeth looked over where she saw Tristan blinking repeatedly. She gave a laugh "Ok now you look stupid". The two continued to laugh. Their freedom would come soon, or so they hoped.

Jareth's Point of View

   After his little discussion with the two, Jareth drew another crystal from the air. He glanced in "How will I get you to stay?" He said with a sigh. The worm didn't seem to throw her off. She kept going down the path even with the insects warning. The King rubbed his temples and began to tap his boot.

   Jareth laughed when he saw Savannah falling only to be caught by the helping hands. "Well which way will you choose little one?" He continued to watch hoping she would choose to go down. He knew that if she had she would fall into an oubliette and then Hedgewart, or was it Higgle...whatever, would lead her back to the beginning. "You better lead her to the beginning you twat" But to his amazement she chose to go up! "Well played" he thought "But the games not over".