Chapter 9: Castle Beyond the Junkyard

The forest appeared to continue for eternity. Savannah and her friends were all getting tired and the sun was beginning to set. If she didn't hurry she would never make it to the castle. "Ludo feet hurt!" Sighed the beast walking closely behind her. Savannah turned and assured him that it was only a little farther.

   Finally! They were out of the forest and in what she believed to be the junkyard. "Why is all this crap here?" She questioned Hoggle who was now walking beside her. "This bes the junk that Jareth and the other goblins don't want no more. When them don't want it they chunk it out here where other goblins come and collect it to sell" He answered. Savannah looked around at orange peels, dirty socks, and moldy cheese. "Who would want this!"

   She sped up a little, but ran into a goblin woman who was hunched over the junk. "Whats you doing!" The woman snapped. "Oh...uh...well I'm trying to get to the castle" Savannah said. "Well whats do yous want in there?" Said the woman. Savannah made it clear to her that all she wanted was her siblings. "Well whys donts yous take this with you...as a victory gift!" The lady said handing her an old music box. Savannah took it and studied it's beautiful design. There was even a little doll in it. She wound the knob, but there was no music "yep...junk" she thought. She then said goodbye to the woman and once she was out of sight, Savannah buried the little box underneath an old pot.

   They continued to walk for a ways and finally found the gate to the castle. Once there, they saw a sleeping guard leaning against the wall. "How are we supposed to get past him?" Hoggle gave a chuckle "He's been sleepings for a thousand years, I've snucks past him numerous amounts of times. Piece of cake" the dwarf then shoved the doors open and walked inside. The rest followed. Everything was quite and all you could hear was the soft breathing of the group of friends.

   The castle was just yards away, so Savannah told everyone to wait for her outside. "Yes, but if you need us" The friends said. "I'll call!" Savannah said giving them all one last hug. Then she continued through the quiet streets.

Jareth's Point of View

   It was almost time and she was already close to the castle. Nothing would stop her. Jareth sat back and relaxed. He knew he had won and it was about time for his kingdom to have a queen. She might not like him now, but they would have eternity together, so she could get over it. He only wished Sarah wasn't so naive, but there was no use dreading over her now. He had to prepare a room for his new guest. He knew there was no way she would deny him. "You!" He shouted at a goblin lady. The lady ran up "yes yer majesty!". "Pick the finest room in my castle and clean it. Put new sheets on the bed and fill the closet with gowns and shoes. Clean the bathroom and make everything in that room shine. Am I clear!" He huffed. The woman smiled "Crystal!" She called for other maids and they rushed off. Jareth smirked and went to change into his nicest clothing.

Savannah's Point of View

   Savannah's feet were beginning to hurt. "Ugh! Where is this castle!" She continued to walk and then she was there. "Thank goodness!" She reached for the handle of the gate and pulled. It didn't budge. She tried again and still nothing. "Are you freaking kidding me!" She punched the gate in frustration and leaned against it. "Ok ok no need to panic just look for the key". She looked around noticing the sleeping guard sitting in a chair. "Man these guys suck at their job!" She thought. As she walked over she could see that the guard had the key tied to his belt.

   The guards sword lay on the ground in front of him. Savannah slowly walked up and grabbed it. Then she gently cut the guards belt causing his pants to fall down. "Oops...sorry" she whispered grabbing the keys and heading back to the gate. She unlocked it and flung it open, but as it fully opened she saw the fleet of warriors who were behind it. "What the heck!" She screamed. "Charge!" The general yelled. Then they all lunged at her knocking her to the ground. As she got up she noticed that all there swords were drawn at her.

   "What do I do!" She questioned herself. Her mind was then brought back to the poor sleeping guard whose pants had fallen down. "Quick look!" She said laughing. All the worriers turned and began laughing at the guard. This woke him and he noticed what they were laughing at. He ran off crying and the fleet of soldiers followed after him. "Well that was easy" she snorted.

   Savannah continued up the stairs to the castle. Pushing the doors open she was greeted by an enormous amount of wind. It blew her hair back. Once it settled she continued in. There was no one in sight. It was like everyone packed their bags and moved(which she was hoping). "Elizabeth? Tristan?" She cooed breaking the silence. There was no reply. As she continued on she came to a huge room with a pit in its center. At the very back was a large chair. "This must be the throne room" it was dusty and it had chicken feathers and beer all over the floor. She shook her head in disgust "Why would someone want to live in this! Do these people not have maids!"

   When she left the throne room there was no other way to go except down this extremely dark hallway. She hesitated to go down it, but she knew that there was no other way she could go. With each step she felt like she would fall through the floor. She could here mice scurrying near the walls. "Someone should come in here with a blow torch" she said under her breath. She continued to walk only to trip and fall over a chair that was just sitting in the hallway. "Really..." Standing she brushed herself off and walked on "Boy am I clumsy!"

   Savannah Finally came to some light, at the very end of the hallway was a ginormous wooden door. She pressed the side of her face to it and listened. At first, she heard nothing. Then from out of nowhere there was a loud scream calling for help. It sounded like Elizabeth! "I'm coming!" Shouted Savannah. She grabbed the knob and giggled it. Of course it didn't open. The scream continued and then another one joined it. It was Tristan this time! No time to look for a key. Savannah took a step back and kicked the door hard. It burst open and Savannah ran in, but what she saw was not even close to being either of her siblings.