Chapter 13: History Lessons

The next day Matty came in and woke Savannah. Today was her first history lesson, so she couldn't be late. She bathed and Matty assisted her into a mint green dress. Savannah was shaking nervously and she felt nauseated. Matty could sense this and reassured her with "You'lls do fine". Savannah breathed in deep. She could do this, I mean how hard could memorizing history be? When she was finished getting ready, her and the woman ate breakfast. Matty then guided Savannah to the history room which was a couple doors down from Jareth's study.

   Savannah knocked and was greeted by an elderly bald goblin. "You my dear must be Lady Savannah" he said shaking her hand. His grammar was definitely better than the other goblins she had met, so he must be quite smart. "Yes sir! I have come to learn all I can bout the history of all the kingdoms!" She replied with a smile. The goblin man motioned for her to sit at a desk. Savannah thanked Matty for guiding her to class and sat down. "Da king will be here's later to escort yous ta dinner" Matty said before leaving.

   Savannah went and sat at her desk. Mr. Chauve walked up to his chalk board "As you may know my lady, I am Mr. Chauve. I will be your history teacher for the next couple of days". "Days?" Asked Savannah. "Yes, it will not take long to get you caught up on all the history of the kingdoms. Now, pay close attention and you will do fine". The girl nodded her head and smiled. "Then let's begin" Mr. Chauve began. "Long ago, there were Nine kingdoms. There were the fierce ogres, who ruled over the forest. Next, were the centaurs that ruled over the fields and low mountains. Then there were the satyrs who closely ruled with the centaurs. They are close allies, so they share kingdoms. I am sure you have heard of mermaids from your worlds story books. They are very much real". He paused to see that Savannah was jotting down every word he said. He smiled and continued "Imps ruled the fifth kingdom. Due to their size, they are allies with the ogres and live amongst them in the forest. Elves are rulers of the sixth kingdom and they live in a far off village from our kingdom. They are our close allies. When we need their help they come and vice versa. Gremlins rule in the darkest part of our world, but we don't talk much with them for certain reasons. Last, but not least there is the goblin kingdom and well, you know where they are located".

   "Wait, but that's only eight?" Savannah stated. Mr. Chauve continued "The ninth kingdom was ruled by the Phoenix's, but they mysteriously vanished millions of years ago. Jareth's cousin Racusio ruled their kingdom. A couple of months before it disappeared, Racusio vanished". Savannah stopped him "Well, he couldn't have died if he is immortal right?" The old goblin thought for a minute "You see that's where I believe there is something more. The only ones that have the gift of immortality are the eight rulers, their wives, and the former rulers along with their wives, so I don't think he died. Some say he turned into a fiery bird and abandoned his kingdom. Others say he drank a potion that turned him mortal and his old age caught up with him causing him to pass. But, no one really knows. Without an heir, the Phoenix's should have become extinct. So that is why there are only eight kingdoms". Mr. Chauve stopped and caught his breath giving Savannah time to ask her question.

   "So who rules the other kingdoms?" She asked. "Jareth's seven other cousins". "But, what about his siblings or parents?" Savannah added. "Jareth is an only child, after his birth his mother kept having miscarriages. His parents live somewhere near the village of elves". Savannah took all of this in like a sponge "Ok, so who are his cousins?" Mr. Chauve replied "Randold rules the kingdom of ogres with his wife Beretta. Aaden rules the kingdom of centaurs with his wife Opal. Barrett rules the satyrs with his wife Akira. Camilo rules the land of the mermaids, but he is not married. The flirtatious King Dane rules the imps with his wife Veronica...be weary of him. Enrique rules the elves with his wife Giselle. Finally, King Kai rules the gremlins and also is not married...did you get all that?" He finished.

As the World Falls Downजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें