Chapter 18: Birthday Chaos!

The next day, Savannah was awoken by a happy Matty wishing her a Happy 16th Birthday. "Happy Birthdays Savannah!" The woman beamed. Savannah scratched her head and yawned before falling back down into slumber. "The balls today's lady's! You's gottas gets ready!" Matty huffed as she pushed the sleeping girl off her bed. "Ow!" She yelled "I heard you the first five times! I'm up!" Matty laughed and waddled to Savannah's closet where she pulled out a beautiful peach gown with matching flats. "Alrighty thens goes gets in da bath!" The goblin woman ordered. Savannah rushed into the bathroom and dived into the warm rose scented water. She felt rushed, it was like as soon as she got in the tub she had to get back out again!

   Before she knew it, she was dressed and standing in front of her vanity gazing at her reflection. In the mirror she could see a beautiful young lady dressed in fine silks with hair the color of chocolate and eyes that shimmered like blue sapphires. Her hair was fixed into what was known as a Victorian cut and her skin was a pretty pale that made her look like a certain princess from her fairy-tales. Matty brought her back to reality informing her that she had to be downstairs to bring in the guest.

   She had noticed that Jareth was no where to be seen since Matty insisted to escort her to the front doors. "Comes on lady I'll takes ya!" Matty offered. Savannah gladly excepted the woman's offer and the two headed off down the hallway to the Escher room. Savannah had taken into consideration that she had not had breakfast, but she was so nervous she figured eating wasn't the main focus at the time being.

   They had been walking a ways and they were no where near the Escher room. "Matty where are we going?" She asked. Matty ignored her question and continued down the hallway. The woman looked distressed and deep in thought. Something was troubling her. "Matty are you alright?" Savannah questioned. The woman made no comment and continued until she reached a tall wooden door that Savannah never noticed before. The girl put her face to the door and listened. Silence filled her ears "Ok now you are making me worried!" She turned to find that Matty was gone. What was going on!

   Savannah called out softly for Matty, but the woman was surely no where to be found. "Great!" Thought she. There was nothing left for her to do. She didn't know how to get to the Escher room from where she was and she wasn't sure she knew how to get to her room either. All there was, was the wooden door. Curiosity quickly began to consume her. She eyed the door before she slowly opened it and stepped in.

   It was another room? "Why did Matty bring me here?" She thought. The room was an eggshell white and had small amounts of gold mixed within it. The bed was the same color as the room. Over all the room was beautiful and elegant. It's vanity covered in shells. The one, and only thing that looked out of place was the wooden drawer near the window. Once again, curiosity overwhelmed her and she opened the drawer only to be confused even more.

   What lay inside was a small music box resembling the one the junkyard woman gave her. Except, this one looked clean as if it were brand new. Next to the music box was a picture of a young girl around her age. She had long brown hair and glistening brown eyes. The mystery girl was wearing a mint green dress and in her hand was a familiar red book that read "Labyrinth" in golden letters. She knew who this girl was. It was her elderly caregiver Sarah. She knew from all the pictures the woman had shown her, but what was this picture doing here she wondered.

   "What are you doing in here!" Roared a strong voice behind her. Savannah whirled around to find Jareth leaning against the doors frame. "Mat-" she caught herself. She definitely didn't want Matty to get in trouble. "I was waiting for Matty to bring me down to the front doors, but she was taking quite some time so I decided to escort myself". Jareth smiled "Oh did you?". She nodded. Jareth joined her in the room "It's beautiful isn't it?" He asked. Savannah breathed a sigh of relief knowing he bought her little fib. "Yes! Indeed it is. Who was it made for?". The man sighed "I created this room for another young girl much like yourself-" Savannah cut him off "Sarah?". Jareth smirked noticing the opened drawer by the window. "Yes Sarah, but when I offered her all her dreams including myself" he paused as if hurt "she denied them...she denied me" he walked to the windowsill and looked out upon his maze.