Chapter 10: Mirror Mirror

There before her was a room full of mirrors. She stepped in and looked at her reflection staring at her from all directions. "This can't be the right room..." Savannah turned to leave only to see that where there once was a door there now was not. "Ok maybe this is the room" she said stepping in further until she was completely surrounded by mirrors. Savannah walked to one of the full body mirrors and studied herself.

   She hardly noticed when her reflection started to move even though she wasn't. When she finally saw it she jumped back in shock. "What the heck?" She touched the mirror, it was completely solid. The reflection was trying to tell her something. "I can't read lips!" She said with a sigh. Her reflection blew hot air on the glass and wrote "stay". "Stay? What's that supposed to mean?"

   Her reflections face changed and it was no longer hers. It was Jareth trying to trick her again. "Ok boss battle!" Savannah said in her head. "Why do you want me to stay!" She shouted at the king. Jareth smiled and walked into the next mirror. Soon he was walking in all different mirrors and she could now hear him repeating the words "let me live within you". "Ok that's a little perverted don't you think?"

   Jareth smirked and blew glitter down upon her face. It showered over her covering her clothes completely. Shaking her clothes off she noticed that her clothes had changed again. This time her gown was white with small gold roses lining the top of it. Her hair was once again curled and brought back. Little white ribbons laced her hair leading to the beautiful white head dress that shimmered as if it was made from real jewels. She looked up at him annoyed. "Will you stop doing that...I like my old clothes!"

   "Let me rule you" she could her him say in her ear. Savannah turned ready to strike anything behind her, but there was no one. "Let me go home...please" she moaned. The girl began to run looking away from the mirrors. She knew she had to save her siblings and get out of there. She paused at what seemed to be the end of the room or wherever she was.

   Gritting her teeth she huffed and spun around. Jareth was there. He reached out as he walked towards her only to vanish into another mirror. He pointed behind her and she turned once more. There in the mirror before her was her siblings. "Savannah! Savannah help us!" Elizabeth screamed crying. "Please Savannah hurry!" Tristan added. "Let them go!" Savannah screamed at the goblin king. He just laughed and shook his finger. "Ok...then I'll free them myself!"

   Savannah took off her shoe and stepped back. She locked onto her target and sent the shoe flying through the air. It crashed into the mirror shattering it into millions of pieces. The room spun wildly. Wind blew her dress and hair in different directions. The ground cracked and burst open. Savannah fell and her beautiful gown melted away revealing her old clothes. When she touched the ground she took in her new surroundings.

   Everything was floating. Shards of glass spun around through the air and one mirror remained a little ways off in the distance. Savannah looked down and saw that she was standing on a large music box. There was no ground, so the music box was just floating along with all the glass. "Nothing is as it seems" she said to herself. Taking a step she was relieved to find that the small shards of glass swarmed around her foot to form a path.

   She ran to the mirror shouting for her siblings to appear again, but they never did. "What did Sarah do?" She questioned herself. Thinking back to her time spent with her babysitter she remembered that Sarah told her about the labyrinth and it's inhabitants. Sarah told her about Jareth and that even though she was old his heart still longed for her. At the time Savannah thought it was rubbish and that the elderly woman was one short from insanity. "I should have payed more attention!" She yelled at herself.

   "Yes precious you should have" Jareth said appearing behind her. Savannah turned but looked away trying to remember exactly how Sarah defeated him. Then it hit her like lightning. "Through dangers untold..." She began "and hardships unnumbered". Jareth knew it was time for his plan to take effect, but he let her continue. "I have fought my way here to the castle". "Indeed you did love" the King said his smile widening.