Chapter 22: Back at it Again

Savannah's Point of View

   It had grown a tad bit cold in her room. This in turn caused her to wake up before the sun was even set to rise. "Meow!" beamed Bella as she snuggled up next to her owner. Savannah locked the cat into an embrace, trying to steal it's warmth. There really wasn't any use in trying to fall asleep again. Soon enough, Matty would burst through her door and start talking about how excited she was for her and Jareths' wedding. Actually, she admitted to herself that she was a little excited as well. She could finally start using her powers without fear of being kidnapped by another kingdom. Not to mention the fact that she could start investigating Racusios' riddle. It was something about looking to the flame. This riddle was supposed to lead her to Racusios' kingdom and family which is why she promised him she would solve it. For the past three years, she tried deciphering this riddle, but she hadn't found anything. Savannah was pretty positive that in order to solve this riddle, she would need to use her powers which she couldn't do until she married Jareth. It was no longer just about her safety or if she loved Jareth enough to be his wife, now it was about keeping a promise and saving a kingdom. No pressure!

   Savannah got out of her bed, letting a cool breeze dance across her exposed skin, and walked to her window. Dumble was sound asleep down in his stable, so she couldn't talk to him. Instead, she sat up on the window seal and let her legs hang over its side. In just a couple hours, she would be married... What a strange thought! She didn't even attempt to think about the wedding night! This night was supposed to officially 'unite' her and Jareth into 'one being'. Quickly she shook her head and cupped her reddening cheeks. Dear God, it was really going to happen! In attempts to cast her mind from any further thoughts, she closed her eyes and listened to the sounds of the night. Crickets chirped in simple harmonies and night birds sang songs of joy as they feasted upon unsuspecting insects. The beauty and complexity of the Labyrinth left her bewildered. This beautiful place was going to be her home and for that she was grateful!

   All of a sudden, the whinny of a horse brought her out of her trance. Her eyes wondered to the Castles gates where they found a carriage pulling onto the castles grounds. The doors of the Castle opened and out came Jareth. Clearly she wasn't the only one awake with the pre-wedding jitters. What was he doing though? She continued to watch him as he approached the carriage. Out came Enrique and the rest of his family. Why did they leave? Hopefully nothing happened at the Elf kingdom! Jareth shook the Elfin kings hand and patted Ella on the head. Whatever it was, it must've been pretty important to make them leave and then return so early in the morning! Another figure appeared from the carriage. Who was it? Ugh! If her room wasn't so high up, she could see he/she better! Whoever it was, was wearing a dark cloak. Jareth appeared to give them a concerned look before shaking their hand. Finally, the moment had come for this mysterious stranger to reveal them self. Their cloak fell. Savannah gasped as Williams smiling face filled her pupils. He gleefully shook Jareth's hand before picking Ella up and putting her over his shoulders. The little girls laughter filled the dark abyss.

   What on Earth was he doing here?! She hadn't spoken to him since like a week before she left. It was a pretty sad good bye speech too! He'd explained to her that regardless of her love for another his feelings didn't change and that if need be, he would be perfectly fine accompanying her to the Labyrinth. Of course she couldn't see that working out very well. She explained this to him and as always, whenever she had to decline his offer, he smiled and hugged her. Then he stood up and made a hand motion as if saying "see ya later!" before he left. The carriage pulled away while Jareth motioned for them to come inside.

   Savannah left the windowsill and plopped down on her bed. By then, the sun began to rise signaling that Matty would soon be knocking at her door. Ok, so William was here? She was led to believe they brought him because he had wanted to see her get married. It made her heart clench to imagine how he would feel watching her walk down the isle with Jareth. She was half expecting for Jareth to come and tell her he was here but that moment never happened. As predicted, she heard a knock at the door.