Chapter 15: A New Pet

"Savannah run!" She could hear him shout. "But I don't believe he intends to hurt me!" She replied. "Just run!" Jareth screamed at her. "Don't run from me please" the creature said. "I have to!" Savannah ran through the forest going as fast as her legs would take her. As she ran, she thought back to the events of the day...

   "Wake up little one" Jareth whispered in her ear. What was he doing in her room? How long has he been in there! The man went and sat down in her chair by the window. Savannah sat up and yawned. Today, she would have her second history lesson. She wasn't sure what else there was to tell, Mr. Chauve had taught her a lot her first day, so what more was there? "Hurry and get dressed, so you can go to your lesson. I have a surprise for you afterwards". Said Jareth. "Wheres Matty?" She asked. "She will be up later to give you your breakfast, she wanted you to chose your attire for today". Really? She never once looked in her closet to see what clothes she had! "Well, I'm not going to get dressed with you in here!" She snapped. Jareth laughed as he rose from the chair "Come now, don't spoil my fun!"

   When he left, Savannah opened her wardrobe. It was filled with dozens of beautiful dresses, colors, and styles. She found that all her shoes were now flats. The girl laughed when she remembered the reason why they had to be changed. Flipping through the dresses she paused when she saw a bright red gown that had golden swirls on it. "Perfect!" She took off her previous purple dress from the fair, bathed, and got dressed. The only problem was that she could not lace the dress by herself. "I'll just wait for Matty to get here" she thought. Her hairstyle for today was going to be a French Braid. She brushed her hair and gently pulled her soft locks into the delicate style and left two locks of hair down beside her ears. Before she knew it Matty entered the room with her breakfast.

   "Mornin' lady! It's a beautiful day today ain't it?" The woman asked cheerfully. Savannah smiled and opened her tray. The mornings meal consisted of oatmeal and an orange. As she scoffed it down, Matty laced her up. "My...yous looks real pretty today lady!" Matty said gasping "Thank you Matty!" Savannah replied looking at her reflection. Her and Matty began to head out the door "Wait!" The girl said running back into the room. She grabbed the beautiful griffin ring the ring seller gave her and rejoined the maid. She certainly couldn't leave it. Knowing Bella, the cat would have knocked it off and hidden it for sure. "Ok, ready!" Then they proceeded to history.

   "Hello again Ms. Savannah!" Mr. Chauve greeted. Savannah smiled and shock the goblins hand. "Well what will we be learning today?" She asked. The man replied "Not much...I think our previous lesson went a little bit over schedule, so what you were supposed to learn today, you have already learned. That being said, I think I will give you a small quiz on the kingdoms. Besides, I was only told to give you the basic knowledge about the kingdoms. Jareth said he would teach you the rest after the wedding". Oh yeah, she was supposed to get married...she had forgotten about that. At least the quiz would be easy. Mr. Chauve handed her a sheet of paper and asked her all sorts of different questions. When he was finished he laughed "You are one smart cookie, you passed!" Of course she passed, she had studied those notes until she developed a headache!

   "Well...what now?" Savannah questioned. "Actually, I think we are done here! I believe Jareth has something planned for you two to do for the rest of the day..." He replied. Wow! Her lessons were finished quicker then they had started! "I best escort you to Jareth's study...Come" the man said signaling for her to follow. They went all the way through the Escher room and by the time they reached Jareth's study, Savannah felt like she had walked a five-hundred miles. "Boy am I out of shape!" Mr. Chauve said his goodbyes and left her in front of the Kings door. She brought her small hand to the doors surface and gently tapped it. The knock was greeted with a firm "Who's there?" "It's me Jareth" she cooed.

   The door opened and she walked in "Your finished early?" He stated. "Mr. Chauve said that he has taught me all the basics, so he gave me a small quiz-I passed of course- and sent me on my way" Savannah replied. "Well then, I guess it's time for us to go to a very special place little one" Jareth said. "Close your eyes!" Savannah stared at him hesitantly. "I won't do anything my dear, I promise" she closed her eyes and a light wind blew around her. When her eyes opened, she was taken back by the scene before her. She was in a bright forest. It's trees similar to the one she tried to climbed while running the labyrinth. "What do you think?" Asked Jareth. "It's absolutely beautiful!" The girl squealed. She twirled around to take in all that she could around her. "That's not all" Jareth began "Follow me".