Chapter 7: The Beginning's of A Dream

She opened her eyes and as she expected there was Jareth. Savannah was still tied up, so she could not defend herself from anything he could do. "Long time no see!" She said watching him wearily. He smiled showing his slightly jagged but white teeth. She struggle again with her restraints, but they still did not budge. "Aren't you a little tied up my dear?" He said laughing. The girl was in no mood to deal with this. She knew he planned this and she was getting pretty fed up with it. He began to pace around her, but he never dropped his eyes. He continued to study her in silence. Savannah finally broke the silence and yelled angrily at him. "What do you want from me! You are wasting what time I have left, so why don't you just untie me and I can be on my way?" The man just laughed at her like she was missing the whole point as to why he was doing this. She wanted answers and she wanted them quickly.

   "You are so much like her" Jareth said stopping in front of the mortal. Savannah knew exactly who he was talking about because since she has entered this maze she has been referred to as Sarah. "Ok, so you are talking about Sarah right? I've never met anyone named Sarah and I've been referred to her the entire day, so who the hell is this person!" She snapped at him. Jareth knelt down to meet her gaze. "Oh yes you do know a woman by the name of Sarah she left this world when you were eight. Think now little one" he said grinning. Savannah thought for a moment she couldn't remember anyone named-wait a second! She did know her neighbor(an old lady named Sarah) who used to care for her and her siblings when her parents would go out together. Then it really hit her...Savannah remembered The woman's stories of a strange land that she went to in order to save her brother Toby. Sarah told her that the king of the Goblins had fallen in love with her and tried to make her pick him over her brother, but she didn't. Savannah just thought the lady had an active imagination. Sarah was also the one to give her sister the mysterious book. Sadly, after her eighth birthday the woman died due to old age(she was 82). It all made since now, but why was Jareth and all the other creatures comparing her to the elderly woman?

   "Ok I understand now, yes I knew Sarah, but what does she have to do with me!" She proclaimed to the smiling King. Jareth knew that the girl was extremely different than Sarah, but at the same time she was the same. He couldn't tell her why because he still didn't know. He was just drawn to her as he watched Sarah care for her and her siblings. "Well I guess you'll have to find that out some other time" he replied giving her a devilish grin. Really! She was going to have to wait! "So you basically stalked me after this woman passed!" She shouted. Jareth didn't really want to call it that. Something about the girl just fascinated him. So, he didn't reply. Savannah then remembered that she was on a mission. "Well if you don't mind I really must be going, so if you would please release me that would be great!" Savannah asked. The girl turned looking for something to cut the vines, but she could see nothing.

   She turned around to find that Jareth had once again disappeared. "Man! I really wish he would stop doing that!" She thought, but there before her where the king once stood was the shell she was drugged with. "Now if only I could reach it, I could cut my way out of these vines" she claimed with a huff. She then began to stretch her leg towards the light pink shell. Savannah was so close to reaching it "Just a little more...got it!" Then she threw the shell behind her using her feet and grabbed it with her hands. She cut through one vine, then another, and another. She felt the vines loosen and she began to pull. They finally broke and she was free. She stood and stretched feeling relief that she could continue. Only now the problem was that there was no way out...or was there?

   Off in the distance she could see a light. How far was she in this cave? Walking towards the light she noticed that it grew until she got there where she saw a small tunnel. "I don't have much of a choice but to crawl through seeing how this is the only way out" she sighed. Savannah began to crawl. The tunnel was very long, but when she reached the end, she wished she had stayed in the cave. The air smelled like something had died in it. All the sounds that this bog made sounded like someone experiencing extreme bowl movements. She had to cover her nose with her shirt just to block out some of the fowl air. "This has to be the bog of eternal stench!" She cried.

   She started walking trying as fast as she could to get out of there. Her eyes were watering and her nose hated her. She walked for what seemed to be forever, until she came upon a cut off. All there was, was bog. "Well how am I supposed to get across?" She was definitely not going to walk through this crap! Finally, she found a path of rocks leading across the bog. She began to walk across it when someone shouted "Hault!" She turned to find a small fox. "Oh hello!" She said with a smile. "My fair lady I have taken an oath not to allow anyone to pass without my permission!" The little fox proclaimed. "Well...um may I have your permission?" The fox looked at her and said "yes!"

   Savannah then began to walk across the rocks. "Wait my lady I did not learn thou's name!" The fox said joining her on the rocks. "It's Savannah and you my kind sir?" The fox bowed "I'm the brave knight Sir Didymus!" Well she hadn't heard that name before, but the fox was cute so she didn't mind it. Savannah was starting to feel lonely and wondered if maybe the fox could show her out of this bog. "My kind knight will you please escort me out of this bog?" The fox knight replied with a loud "I shall!" and the two began walking again.

   "I sure wish Ambrosious was here." Didymus said with a cry. "Well he could have come along, where is he?" The girl questioned. Sir Didymus sighed and explained to her that the king took his faithful companion away and threw him into an oubliette. "That's horrible!" She yelled in disgust. Why does Jareth have to do all these cruel things! "Sir Didymus, I promise that I will free your dog once I defeat Jareth!" She proclaimed proudly, all the while giving the kind knight a hug. "Now we best hurry or I'll run out of time!" Then the strangest thing happened...it was like Sir Didymus could not see her. She waved directly in front of his face, but he didn't seem to notice. "Am I invisible?" She thought. The fox then began calling her name "I'm here!" She shouted. The fox couldn't hear her and began running calling out to the girl who was right there in front of him. She ran after him only to lose the fast little creature. "Why do I always end up alone!" She cried as she fell to the ground.

   Then the wind began to pick up around her. She looked up to find bubbles floating towards her. Something told her to pop them and so she did. Glitter fell out of them and into her eyes. She rubbed them, but when she opened them she could have sworn she was in a dream.