Chapter 14: The Goblin Fair

*Bang* Savannah jolted up at the sound. "Sorry Lady!" Shrieked the goblin woman as she picked up her tray. "Oh no it's fine, it just startled me a bit" the girl replied heading to the window. She gasped at the sight below. From her window she could see the fair. There were booths, games, and a few rides. Savannah didn't expect there to be rides, she didn't even know that they knew what rides were. "It's even better up close" said Matty "Now let's hurry ups and gets ya ready". Savannah went and bathed as it became her morning routine. As she did, Matty found a short deep purple dress for Savannah to wear. The maid wasn't sure what they would be doing, but she wanted the girl to be comfortable.

   "That's a pretty dress" commented Savannah emerging from the bathroom. "I thinks this be's perfect for today don't you?" Replied Matty. Savannah shook her head and proceeded to get ready. Today her attire consisted of the deep purple dress, black stockings, and a pair of matching flats. Her hair was tied in a ponytail that swung to the side as it fell into curls. "Today should be fun" the girl said as she made it back to the window. "It will be. It woulds have beens even betters ifs I's didn'ts drops ya breakfast!" Matty said with a huff. Savannah laughed and told the woman that it was fine. Bella leapt up onto Savannah's lap and began to purr. The little cats comfort didn't last long when there was a knock at the door.

   "Come in!" Answered Savannah. In came Jareth wearing his usual dark clothing. He was drawn back as he noticed Savannah's attire for today. She looked like a jewel! He coughed and outstretched his arm "Well, shall we go?" She looked at Matty. The maid was signaling her to take his arm. "I don't know about this..." Savannah thought. The girl placed her arm around Jareth's, but kept her gaze downwards. Jareth smirked and began to walk out into the hallway. He paused "Take the rest of the day off Matilda. Go and enjoy the fair". Matty thanked him and ran down the hallway cheering. "That was very kind of you Jareth" said Savannah. "Well...she deserved a day off. You are quite the hand full". He replied with a chuckle. Savannah smiled as they both made their way to the fair.

   When they arrived, it was like everything stopped. All eyes were on them and Savannah's heart began to race. After the long silence, everyone went about their business. "Where to first?" Asked Jareth. Savannah didn't really know what kinds of things they had in this far "I'm not sure...why don't you pick?" The King nodded and he guided her to a small booth. The sign read "Dunk the Goblin". Jareth turned to her "This is my favorite game!" Savannah turned her attention to the shaking goblin sitting on the dunking board. The poor thing was acting like it was about to be murdered. She looked at Jareth worriedly, but he smiled at her and handed her the small ball. "Let's see what you've got little one".

   Savannah gulped and drew her arm back. She played softball back on the above ground, so this should be easy. It would be really embarrassing if she missed. No! She knew what she was doing. She chunked the ball hard towards the little target. Bullseye! The small goblin shrieked as he fell into the water. "That's quite an arm you've got". The man said a smirk appearing on his face. "Your turn" she replied. Savannah handed Jareth one of the balls, but he flicked it away. He pointed his finger at the target sending a serge of lightning towards it. The bolt completely destroyed the target and sent the goblin barreling into the water. Jareth looked over to find Savannah's mouth hanging wide open. She shook her head "show off!" Jareth chuckled "Where to next?"

   She wanted to try the scariest ride that they had "I want to ride the scariest ride you have!" Jareth blinked "Aren't you brave...I guess the scariest one would be 'Goblin Mountain'" Oh! That sounded horrifying! "Let's do it!" The man took her to an extremely tall wooden ride. She could hear it creak as the wind blew. They continued to the front row "No! Let's go to the very back...that's the scariest!" They turned around and sat in the back seats. "You ready?" Asked Jareth. Savannah nodded with excitement. There were other goblins on the ride hugging each other for dear life. "Enjoy the ride" the ride attendant began "I hope you live to tell me about it". Wait! What? What did he just say! Savannah began to get frightened. The ride attendant pulled a lever and the two jerked forward as the ride began.