Chapter 17: Preparing the Feast

"Matty can you pass me the grape flavored jam?" Savannah said as she began preparations for her famous Swedish meatballs. She had decided that since she didn't know how to fix the Labyrinths cuisine(and since she didn't feel like following a cook book), it would be better to fix things she knew. Since early in the morning her, Matty, Ludo, Hoggle, and Sir Didymus have been hard at work preparing large amounts of Swedish meatballs, bacon wrapped lil-smokies, and other delicious finger foods. Matty made sure that she wore the proper dress for baking and it was a good thing because Savannah's dark dress was covered in flour and other spices. Everything was going well so far. She had kept her powers under control since she listened to Jareth's suggestion of not thinking about them.

   Although she felt like her head was filled with fog. She had been contemplating her feelings towards Jareth and she wanted to not like him, but something made her feel for him. Whenever she felt mad at him, something made her instantly forgive him even though she had so much to be mad at him for. It confused her and she definitely wanted to speak to someone about them...perhaps she could talk to Matty about them later during their evening discussions. "It's sure smells goods Savannah!" Said Matty as she stirred the meatballs. "Thanks! I learned this recipe from my grandma." Savannah paused to look at all they had prepared so far. There were pans after pans of food and she really hoped it would be enough.

   "Damn!" Screamed Hoggle as he looked down upon the meatballs on the floor. "It's alright Hoggle I think we have enough anyway." She said smiling at her friend. She hadn't seen or heard anything from Jareth since this morning and oddly enough she hadn't heard from Dumble either. The whole castle was quite, so quite that you could hear the wind roar from its empty halls. "There's I thinks we are donee nows." Said Matty as she poured the last batch of meatballs into a serving bowl. Savannah stood back to make sure she had enough. Finally, all the food was prepared and put into storage. "We are finally done guys!" She began "I guess you all can go about your business for the time being." Savannah said sitting down in a chair by the window. All of her friends nodded, said their goodbyes, and left to do who knew what.

   She finally could sit in silence. "Hey Dumble would you like to go riding?" She asked her winged friend. It seemed like forever until he replied with "Sure! I think Jareth is going to take you on a picnic shortly anyways." Great! She thought as an owl landed on the window seal in front of her. In a burst of glitter Jareth appeared before her. "Hello little one. Are you ready for our picnic? Dumble is waiting outside." To be honest she didn't really want to go on another picnic. She had been on plenty her first days of living in the Labyrinth and she really just wanted to explore. "Actually can we just explore today?" She innocently asked the man in front of her. Jareth looked at her in annoyance which annoyed her. "I suppose..." He finally said.

   The two left the kitchen and headed outside where they found Dumble waiting impatiently. "What took you so long?" He complained. "Sorry, we decided that we are exploring today." Dumble huffed "That's fine where are we going?" Savannah didn't think of that. "Jareth where exactly are we going?" Jareth grinned. "you'll see." "That helps!" Shouted Dumble. "There is no use in yelling at him Dumble he can't hear you." Jareth smiled wickedly as he grabbed Savannah and transported them to a pavilion in the garden part of the labyrinth.

   "Dumble isn't going to like this..." Savannah sighed. "He'll get over it. Do you recognize where we are?" Jareth asked pointing. The girl thought for a moment. He had taken her to the pavilion from her hallucination. She hated this place why did he bring her here! "Why did you bring me here exactly?" She asked. Jareth brushed the hair from the side of her face and gently pushed her against the pillar of the pavilion making an attempt to kiss her. "No!" Savannah yelled. The king withdrew with surprise. Savannah kept telling herself that she wasn't going to do this EVER, but something made her feel sorry for yelling at him. What was wrong with her! "Is something wrong little one?" The man questioned. In her mind she knew something was wrong. He was moving way to fast! "No..well-no I'm fine, but I would like to sit and just think."