Chapter 6: Chilling Down!

Once everyone was out of the dark oubliette, they were in a tunnel that stretched for miles. "Nows lady I am ordered to takes ya backs to the beginning" Hoggle said with a sigh. "What!" She thought, she had come too far to just be brought to the beginning again. "But, I need to save my brother and sister, who knows how much time I have left!" She shouted at the dwarf.

   There was no way that she was going back and the dwarf knew it. Hoggle remembered how Sarah had given him jewelry in order for him to take her as far as he could, but could he really do this to the poor girl before him? She didn't seem to even be wearing jewelry. He knew that Jareth would not be happy with him for allowing her to pass, but at the moment he truly didn't care. "Alright I takes ya as far as I can" her proclaimed.

   Savannah lit up with joy. He was going to help her and she desperately needed assistance. "Oh thank you!" She said giving the creature a hug. Ludo joined in and picked both of them up. Hoggle enjoyed the attention, but he didn't want them to know that. "Put me down!" He shouted. Ludo quickly released Hoggle and he smacked into the ground. He gently placed Savannah on her feet and said "Sawannah friend". "Yes Ludo and Hoggle's to" she gave with a smile. The dwarf had a number of friends now, thanks to Sarah and his new friend Savannah. "Yeah yeah" he said with a humph.

   "So now where do we go" the girl said realizing she was still in a tunnel. Hoggle looked left and right "Did we go left or right?" He thought to himself. The last time he was down here he was helping Sarah and he didn't have much time to think because Jareth released the cleaner on them. Well since the cleaner clearly wasn't there Hoggle had time to figure out the way. They went left he remembered. "This ways" he said pointing. "Okie dokie lead the way" claimed Savannah following closely behind Hoggle.

   It felt like they had walked a ways when Hoggle remembered that he and Sarah pushed down a wall in order to find the ladder leading above. "Ah crap!" He said "We's gots to find the damn wall" he then began pushing on all the walls he came across. It had to be one of them. Savannah quickly got what he was saying and began doing the same. Ludo looked confused, but he tried anyways. They had no luck. None of the walls moved.

   They all sat down to take a break. "What do we do now?" Asked Savannah. Hoggle really had no idea what to do. Savannah could see this on his face, so she stood and continued to push the walls. She couldn't just give up now. She stopped and leaned against a wall only to fall flat on her back. Letting out a cry. Hoggle and Ludo ran to her and helped her back up. "Sawannah ok?" Questioned the orangish beast. "Yeah" she said rubbing her lower back. "Here we are!" Said Hoggle walking to the ladder. Savannah took one look at the ladder and then at Ludo. How in the world were they going to get him up that thing? "What about Ludo?" She said grabbing the beast arm. "He can make it up" assured Hoggle.

   Well she trusted him so she guided Ludo to the beginning of their exit. They all began to climb listening to the creaking of ladder. Savannah reached up to find that the handle that was supposed to be there was not there at all. She slide down only to be caught by Ludo. "Thanks". "I'ds tolds thems to fix that's after tha first time!" Hoggle said looking down at the girl. He just easily climbed over the hole, but he didn't think she would be so careless to ignore it.

   They were so close to the surface and then finally they were there. Savannah let the sun kiss her face and she smiled showing her pearl white teeth. "Ahhhhh" she said with pleasure "it's good to be out of the dark". She looked around at the new landscape and realized that they were in a hedge maze now. Everything was lush and green. It was definitely bursting with growth. At least this part of the maze had a warm feeling to it.

   Savannah stepped back only to run into an old man. "I'm so sorry!" She said beginning to turn and as she did she noticed that this man had some weird bird thing on his head. "Watch where you are going young woman" the man said and whatever was on his head looked at the girl and whistled. "Look I said I was sorry!". Both the man and his bird hat thing sat on a marble chair. "All is forgiven" he proclaimed and the bird said "Yes forgiven". She just began to ask "Can you tell me where we are...". The man was already asleep. "Thanks for the help" she thought. Hoggle did nothing but huff at the man and said "Wells come on!"