Chapter 29

Eunjae was awoken by bright light shining directly at her face. A throaty grunt sounded from the young maiden as the intense sunlight assaulted her sensitive eyes, the girl bringing up a hand to shield her poor orbs. Still groggy from having just woken up, Eunjae rubbed at her eyes with the back of her hand, letting out a relaxed breath as she rolled over in the bed to rest on her other side to escape the harsh rays. As her legs shifted to change position, bending at the knee to fold together, they bumped into something.

Eunjae's eyes shot open to meet Jimin's sleeping form. The prince looked tranquil as he slept, eyes shut and lips, puffy from sleep, slightly parted as gentle breaths escaped him. He was facing Eunjae, who gulped nervously at how close they now were after having rolled over. Her face was close enough to his so that she could observe every flawless detail, from Jimin's nonexistent pores, to the gentle curve in the bow of his lips, to his strong eyebrows and fluttering eyelids and sculpted facial structure. Everything about him was appealing; he was the perfect image of a prince.

As Eunjae silently fawned over how adorable Jimin appeared with his cheek smushed against the pillow, she realized that at some point in the night, he'd taken off his shirt. Her eyes shamelessly trailed the man's bare torso, drinking in every dip of his muscles. What was the harm, anyway? He was still asleep. In the back of her mind, she wished to run her fingers over the inviting skin.

Eunjae sighed as her eyes shut once again to revisit the events of the previous night. After Jimin had asked her to stay with him, the two had spend a bit more time entangled with one another before finally separating to lay beside each other. Afterwards, Eunjae had absently remembered the tray of food she'd brought for the prince, and proceeded to make him finish every last bite she'd prepared. Having seen him devour the contents in the blink of an eye, Eunjae was happy with her decision to do so.

After that, Eunjae didn't remember much of the rest of the night, so the young woman assumed she must have fallen asleep. It appeared that the two of them had slept on top of Jimin's covers, though Eunjae noticed that at some point in the night, a soft throw blanket had been placed atop her. She smiled warmly at the thought of Jimin's sweet and considerate actions, though she felt bad for the prince who had nothing to cover him. The man before her now was nothing like the man she'd initially met, who'd been arrogant, superficial, and domineering.

When Eunjae opened her eyes again, they widened as they met Jimin's, who was now awake and staring at the girl. His lips spread into a smile seeing her expression as he brought a finger to trace the curve of her lips.

"What were you thinking about?" Jimin asked as his thumb brushed her bottom lip. His voice was raspy and low, sending delicious shivers up Eunjae's spine.

Eunjae shut her eyes briefly at his touch, entranced by the sensation. "Were you watching me?" She playfully accused.

Jimin hummed softly. "Shamelessly." He coyly admitted. "Though I knew you were awake."

Eunjae shifted onto her elbow, now looking down at Jimin. His silver hair was unkempt and ruffled from a night of sleep, the sight so endearing Eunjae couldn't stop herself from running her fingers through the luscious locks with her free hand. "Well, know-it-all. It's, sadly, time to get up and ready for the day. I have to go back to my room and freshen up." Then, her eyes widened with a troubling thought. "Jimin!"

The said man's eyebrows lifted at her tone. "What is it?" He wondered as he ran his palm soothingly up and down Eunjae's arm. The girl absently noted that he took any opportunity to touch her, and she could not say she was complaining.

Eunjae revealed her thoughts, "How am I to make it to my room unseen? I'm not exactly in the most appropriate dress, and by now the corridors are filled with personnel!"