Chapter 37

Eunjae could see the bright sunlight from behind her eyes as she gently woke from what felt like the most restful night of sleep she'd had in quite a notable amount of time. Taking a heavy inhale, her senses were overrun with the aroma of sandalwood and pine. The corner of Eunjae's mouth ticked upwards as, alongside the entrancing scent, her mind ran briefly through the events of her passionate night. Hot, sweet kisses shared in the silencing dark; intimate words whispered before the lull of sleep captured two conjoined souls.

Eunjae could hear soft shuffling from somewhere else in the room, spurring her to stretch her arm out behind her to try and feel for the warm, comforting embrace she'd fallen asleep in. With a slight pout, Eunjae finally opened her eyes and sat up on her elbows, glimpsing Jimin not by her side on the vast bed but instead across the room, slipping on a simple lapeled shirt in front of his mirror. Watching his toned muscles, the very ones she felt contract beneath her touch only hours ago, become concealed made Eunjae hyper-aware of the fact that she was stark naked beneath Jimin's silky sheets.

Jimin took that moment to glance into his mirror rather than down at his shirt, noticing Eunjae's reflected figure now up-right and alert on his bed.

"You're awake," Jimin happily regarded, a bright smile washing over his features as he swiveled around and made quick strides towards the bed, seating himself beside Eunjae and lightly grasping her hand to plant a sweet kiss on top. Eunjae couldn't help but grin at his actions. "I hope I didn't wake you."

Eunjae clutched the bedsheet to her barren chest as she moved to sit up straight, shaking her head in reassurance. "I was quite hoping to wake up beside you."

Jimin regarded her with shining eyes, his countenance so full of adoration it caused Eunjae's chest to swell. "And I would have loved nothing more," he softly caressed Eunjae's hair, grazing the naked skin of her back and causing goosebumps to rise, "but unfortunately, business waits for no one."

Eunjae playfully pursed her bottom lip up at her prince before chuckling in acquiescence, smoothing her palm over his. "I know. We've had our fun in our little bubble." She sighed, hanging her head back and scrunching her eyes. "Chaeyoung's going to be relentless upon my return. I can already hear her chittering in my head."

Jimin tittered at Eunjae's affable whining, rubbing soothing circles into the woman's palm with his thumb. "She need not worry, you are in very capable hands." Eunjae scoffed through a cheeky grin at his innuendo, suddenly feeling hot under the man's focused gaze. Marveling at the sight of her one last time before huffing out a reluctant breath, Jimin made to stand from the bed, pressing his lips to Eunjae's fisted hands between both of his. "I'm sorry to have to leave you like this, but I was meant to leave a bit ago. I just didn't want you to wake to an empty room."

Eunjae waved her hand in abash, touched by his thoughtfulness. "I very much appreciate that. Do tend to your duties, though, I'll manage my way out of here in time."

Jimin grinned down at her, glancing around his vast room once as if ensuring their surroundings were safe, before bowing his head. "Until our next encounter, my darling."

Eunjae was grateful Jimin turned around then so he couldn't glimpse the scarlet that now coated her cheeks upon hearing the endearing term. However, she was surprised when he swiftly turned on his heel and marched back towards her. Giving her no time to react, Jimin enveloped her face between his palms and captured her lips in a blinding kiss. It was soft, brief, and over before Eunjae knew it, leaving her breathless and wide-eyed.