Me Time

Bri's Pov
It's been a couple of months since I broke up with Trey and I've been doing great. I moved into my first house and I've been focusing on myself a lot lately. I'm single and not really looking at the moment.

I walk outside to check my mailbox. As I walk back in the house my phone starts ringing. I get my phone out of my pocket and see it's my best friend. I reluctantly answer the phone.
Phone convo
Bad bih 💅🏽💜: So we acting funny now
Me: No
Bad bih 💅🏽💜: mhm it seems like it
Me: I just been trying to focus on myself
Bad bih 💅🏽💜: you doing good?
Me: I'm trying
Bad bih 💅🏽💜: I'm coming to visit you soon
Me: when?
Bad bih💅🏽💜: soon
Me: in other words 🙄 in 2 months
Bad bih💅🏽💜: more like in 2 weeks
Me: ok bih cause I'm bored here
Bad bih 💅🏽💜: I told you to get out and make friends
Me: I'm not friendly I don't like people 🙄
Bad bih💅🏽💜: I'll be there soon
Me: see you in 2 weeks bih
Bad bih💅🏽💜: love you boo 😘
Me: love you too 🤞🏾💜
End of convo
I hang up the phone and walk back inside, locking the door behind me. I look through the mail and sit down on the couch. I turn on the tv and flip through the channels. As I find me something to watch on tv I hear a knock on the door. I reluctantly get up and walk to the door opening it up. Some dude looks at me. "I didn't mean to bother you, but my sister wanted me to invite you over to the cookout." I look at him." thanks, but I'm really not a people's person." He says. "She gone make me come back over here until you say yes." I roll my eyes reluctantly. "Ugh fine give me a few minutes." I close the door back and lock it. I turn off the tv and walk upstairs in my room and get ready for the cookout. I finish up and grab my keys and phone, walking out the room, heading downstairs. I make sure everything's turned off and head outside. I lock the door and walk across the grass and next door. The dude from earlier walks up to me. "Hi let me introduce you to everyone." He grabs me by the hand and leads me inside and out to the backyard. He clears his throat and the Dj stops the music. He says. "This is...." I cut him off. "I'm Brielle." Everyone speaks and introduces themselves. His sister drags me off and says. "You been moved in for a few weeks I just wanted to introduce myself." I ask. "Isn't this a family function?" She says. "Yeah, but we wanted to welcome you in the neighborhood." I softly smile. "Well thanks, but I'm not really a people's person." We talk for a little while and exchange numbers. I walk around and mingle for a while. The dude from earlier comes up to me. "I didn't introduce myself earlier I'm Ki." I look at him and say. "Hi Ki." He says. "I know you're not a people's person, So thanks for coming." I nod my head as he asks me. "Why you don't like people?" I say. "Cause they do too much and I don't trust them." He says. "You right they do too much." We laugh and chill for a while until it's time to eat. I fix my plate and sit down and start eating. Ki comes and sits next to me. "Can I have your number?" I say. "I'm staying single for a while cause every time I get in a relationship niggas lie and cheat on me." He says. "We can just stay friends." I reluctantly take his phone out of his hands and put my number in. I finish my food and get up and walk into the house. As I throw my trash away Ji'Miyah comes up to me and says. "Ooh let me take your pics sis." I lean over the countertop as she takes my pics.