022 ::: Never Doubt

Another update so soon, say whaaaat? This is a longer chapter and I had a lot of fun writing it, but I am not sure how y'all are gonna react and I can't wait to see. This is dedicated to the lovely Msidhu17 for all of their votes on my chapters! 

Again, you know the drill - comment if you see any inconsistencies or errors!

Enjoy! :) <3

It was hideous.

Well, at least I wanted it to be, but as I stared at the gray pantsuit in front of me, I couldn't help but be in awe at how sophisticatedly gorgeous it was, albeit painstakingly so. The gray material, though looked rough, was actually soft as I rubbed it in between the pads of my fingers, like freshly shaven legs against the bedsheets, which I just had realized, while living here, was an incredible feeling - purely euphoric.

After Xaler had commanded me to shower and left me to my own devices, I sourly shifted into the bathroom where I stripped off my clothes and hunkered underneath the warm stream of water. It was bliss. It was where I could metaphorically wash away all the troubles and shit that I had been through. Centering myself in the thrush of chaos that my life had suddenly become, mindful of every warm liquid droplet that crashed onto my skin and careened over my body, trailing its way to shatter onto the floor of the shower. It was peaceful. It was serene. It was my only escape, even if it was for a briefest moment, but a moment nonetheless where I didn't have to be on guard, didn't have to be something - someone that I wasn't. I was free and my mind was able to be put at ease.

What didn't put my mind at ease was the clothing that was placed on the bed, although beautiful, I was unaware of the reason for the classy getup. Normally, I would be forced in Xaler's clothes, carrying around his scent with me everywhere I went, catching gusts with every single moment, a reminder to everyone, especially myself, who I supposedly belonged to, warding off anyone other male that attempted to come within feet of me. It was his way of marking his territory aside from biting my neck and pissing on my leg like the dog he was.

Sighing, I pulled off my towel before gathering the outfit in my hands entirely and began the task of clambering into the material. The pants were high waisted with black stitching along the legs and front pockets - I stuck my hand into them only to be stopped at my knuckles. Figures. I rolled my eyes and continued to shuck the pants up my legs, clasping the unnecessarily big black button that held it together. My shirt, if it could even be called that, was nothing but a strapless black tube top, leaving me with just the blazer to cover up. For someone so possessive he sure had no problem showing off my skin as long as it was under his terms. The blazer had a singular button in the middle, providing me with little to no coverage, with long sleeves and another wannabe mini pocket on the right hand side.

Finishing off the look with a pair of tolerable black wedges, I studied myself in the full length mirror that had been built into the wall. Of course, with its protective Plexiglas preventing me from shattering it and using the shards against me. I rolled my eyes yet again and smoothed out the blazer as it rested upon my body, turning this way and that, checking myself out in an outfit that probably cost more than a thousand huts in the slums. Here I was, in a damn pantsuit, that could feed 100 families for a lifetime. At that thought I wanted to rip it off of my body, but before I could even entertain that idea, the door pushed open slowly, timidly, to reveal a forlorn Sienna.

My eyes widened and I felt my jaw go slack. I didn't think Xaler would let her back around me after everything that had happened between us. Not wasting another minute, I advanced on her as quickly as my feet would allow, closing the distance between our bodies and pulled her into my arms.