024 ::: Always Ask

First, I am just going to ignore the fact that I suck and haven't updated. I can apologize, but it doesn't make it better nor does it make it acceptable. Do I wish I updated consistently? Yes. I am just horrible and can't always commit. I do PROMISE, however, to complete this story. Unless I actually, physically die, I will not leave you hanging with an incomplete story. I will 1000% finish this story.

Second, I have been crabby all day because I have just wanted my favorite stories to be updated but they haven't been (and that is completely fine) I just, like, really wanted to read new chapters. So, yes, I do understand how y'all feel when I don't update and I am sorry.

Third, I have been super in MC (motorcycle club) stories right now on Wattpad, except the one that I was SUPER into hasn't been updated in like 2 years. I am heartbroken because it was beautifully written. Unfortunately, I haven't really been able to find any (except for 2 that I want to be updated) that I can get into, so if you know of any good ones please let me know!

Fourth, when I tell you I can't make cover art, I can't make cover art. I tried to do one today for this story because the one I have is the worst, but I darn near threw my computer across the room in frustration. 

Fifth, I saw my story under a category on my homepage, and, even though it was for me, I was super stoked to see it.

Sixth, y'all really just gonna get me to over 11K reads like that? Thank you all so much, you have no idea what this means to me.

Alright, I will shut up now. I feel like I had one more point, but I don't quite remember.

I hadn't wanted her to know.

There was a very specific reason as to why I didn't tell my Rosie why I had financially supported her family after the fiasco of what was supposed to be her own execution. I didn't want that piece of information to sway how she felt towards me - I wanted her feelings to be organic and true, not something crafted from the seeds of looking after her family.

However, as I hid behind the thick wall that led into the expansive kitchen, I couldn't find it within me to be upset with Rosie's mother for spilling that bit of knowledge with her daughter. In fact, I'm slightly relieved at the confession, not having to try and hide what I was doing anymore. And, even though my original intent wasn't to use this to sway her, perhaps it would shine a little favorable light onto me in Rosie's eyes.

Things were considerably better than they had been just a few weeks ago. I had kept my promise and ensured that changes were made with the humans, much to the dismay of the council and other werewolves. There was some minor rebellion from the werewolves on the humans - violence, threats, and a few murders, but there would always be collateral damage when it came to matters concerning humans.

Luckily, I was able to shield my little human away from those results.

Ignorance was bliss.

Thinking back to the small smile that she willingly gave me in the conference room, I soared. I had never felt so light and content. It was working and I would be damned if a few lives of humans lost would ruin that. I had made her happy. I was the one to bring that smile about, albeit small. I had the power to see to the changes she requested and that's exactly what I did. No one was going to take that from me, which is why I paid off the families of the humans that lost their loved ones, well, the ones that would accept it at least - the others had been simply eradicated.

Anything to keep that smile of hers directed at me.

Which was why I had invited her mother over in the first place, in all honesty, if it were up to me, she wouldn't ever see the likes of them again. They are nothing but a stain, a reminder of her pathetic life before I saved it; she didn't deserve to have that constant reminder of where she came from, she had me now.