028 ::: Always Avoid

This is a shorter chapter - I wanted to give you all a little from Xaler's POV. Thank you to all my readers and those that vote and comment, even my silent readers that don't, I still thank you for your support. I write this story because it's fun for me, and, at times, when I wanted to quit because I had phases where I fell out of love with this story, you all kept that fire burning within me when I couldn't. For that, I thank you. 

P.S. I have a NEW story in the works of my mind, I even have to prologue written for the first act. Read at the bottom of the chapter about it and help me choose a title!

Enjoy! :) <3

I was furious.

However, I wasn't sure if it was at myself or the words thrown at me by Rosie. I had strived, and succeeded, to give her everything, there wasn't anything in this world that she lacked and she could have everything she wanted.

Except that didn't seem like enough for her. Every time I think we are making progress, we end up taking many gigantic steps backward when all I wanted was to move forward and put her past life behind us. We couldn't if she kept bringing up her former life - that's what was bringing us down, but she just wouldn't let it go.

Was I supposed to be jealous? Or have some type of guilt for not being born a human or poor?

I wasn't.

I never would be.

I was proud to be a werewolf and I was proud to have all the riches in the world. But it seemed to bother her. And I didn't understand why she couldn't take her new life with stride and just as much pride as I do.

She'll learn.

She has to.

Sighing, I slumped down into my office chair, the leather groaning underneath my weight. I pressed the bottom of my palms into my eyes out of frustration.

"You sit up here...happy as a peach...no worries in the world..."

"We come from two very different places."

"We are not the same...you will never understand."

Her words played in my head on repeat and no amount of shaking or sighing would get rid of them.

She was right, I didn't understand. I didn't necessarily want to, but why couldn't she see that she didn't have to have those worries anymore? She should be glad, happy, grateful, that she didn't have to suffer like that ever again.

She was making this unnecessarily difficult.

If she would just let go of her past, her family, everything, and ruled next to me while producing the most beautiful heirs, my life would be much easier and a lot less stressful. She was mine now, she wasn't a filthy, poor human anymore and she needed to start acting like it.

But nothing I did was working.

I had given her everything.

I had cared for her.

Hell, I even brought her parents to her on different occasions, but she was still so fixated on her former life.

Why would she hold something so abhorrent so close to her heart?

And why wouldn't-doesn't she trust me?

My fingers gripped in my hair and I let out a groan in frustration. Maybe I could look a little more into the life of the Human Occupied Areas? But I doubt that it would satisfy her need for me to understand.