Chapter 1

Nyx and Erebus

"Love, it's time." I looked at my husband Erebus when he called me. It's already time? Masyado ata akong naaliw sa panonood sa mga mortal. Oras na pala para palitan si Hemera.

I stood up and left Tartarus with Erebus. Pumunta kami sa lugar kung saan ako laging nakapwesto tuwing oras na para ako ang mamahala ng gabi na lagi kong ginagawa. I smiled, I always feel excited whenever it's my time to unveil my power. I always work hard to give this mortals their beautiful night.

This is what I like about being a Goddess of the night. Everyone loves night time, because they can see the beautiful moon and stars. I love seeing the mortals smile because of me, even though they don't really know me or they think that I'm evil. Tsk.

Most of the mortals are only excited with the Holy Three and other Gods because they thought that I'm a villain. Me? A villain? I always give them my best and that's what they think of me just because I have a mysterious and dark nature. Tsk. Mortals.

"Stop frowning Love, you're mood affects the night." napatigil ako sa pag-iisip ng kung ano ano nang magsalita si Erebus na nasa tabi ko.

"Sorry. May naisip lang ako bigla." he smiled. I know that he knew kung anong naisip ko.

"You love the mortals so much unfortunately they think of you as a villain." I smiled bitterly.

"Why is that? Did I do something bad love?" He smiled.

"Because that's what the stories tell them." I sighed. Whoever made that story, I will make sure that he or she will have their most beautiful and longest sleep.

Kidding. I'm not evil to do that. I just want to know who did that and ask him or her to change it. Tsk. It's ruining my image.

"By the way where's Thanatos?" I asked Erebus.

"Hmm he's busy roaming earth love. It's night time. It's time for him to work." Right. Thanatos sends a peaceful death to mortals then bring them to the underworld. Everyday there are thousands of mortals who die and Thanatos was in charge of it.

"How about Hemera?" Erebus rolled his eyes at me. I tsked. Masyado ba akong maraming tanong? Gusto ko lang naman malaman kung nasan ang mga anak ko.

"Of course she's resting. Kakatapos ko lang ng trabaho niya." after that he hugged me. Hmm I love it when he does this.

"You and your night is really beautiful, I'm always mesmerized whenever I see it. Hindi ako nagsasawang titigan ka pati ang gabi." I smiled. This is also one of ny favorite.

Many humans and my husband loves my work. It is indeed beautiful and I'm really happy with my job. It suits me perfectly.

Buhat ng sariling bangko? I know but I don't care. I'm telling the truth, everyone loves night because it means that you survived this day and it's time for you to move on with another chapter of your life.

The night is the symbol of the end of the day, that you can sleep peacefully knowing that you did your job for today. Though I know that there are some who can't make it. Well it's already their time when that happens. And they will deal with Thanatos when their time is up.

I just spent the whole night making it beautiful and checking if there's someone who ended their lives in their sleep, I'm not really the one weave their dreams whether it's a good or bad dream, it's Hypnos job but I can also make them sleep peacefully for the night or sleep permanently.

"Done?" I looked at Erebus who's smiling at me. I nodded.

"Yes dear, we're done for this day. It's morning already. Oras na para magpahinga tayo." Sagot ko dito. Nakita ko rin si Hemera at Aether na papalapit samin. My my, my daughter and son who's also my opposite. I'm the Goddess of the night and Hemera is the Goddess of the day while Aether is the God of Light.

"Mother, no reports of death in their sleep today. That's so rare but a good news." She said smiling. I winked at her.

"Ang galing ko noh?" with that, the three of us laugh.

"Mother all of us know that Hypnos is the one who did that. You just supported him. But the night last night is so beautiful mother. Ang liwanag at napalaraming bituin, kahit ang buwan ay buhay na buhay." nakangiti nitong sabi sa akin.

"Oh I thank Astrea and Selene for that, they're a great help." Selene the Goddess of the moon and Astrea the Goddess of the stars.

"Anyway, mauuna na kami. Goodluck for today you two. It's time for me to rest. See you later." Tumango naman ito.

Bumalik kami ni Erebus sa Tartarus.
Tartarus is a place of torment, suffering, and darkness, iyon siguro ang isa sa dahilan bat masama ang tingin sa akin ng iba, mga judgemental tsk.

"Erebus." Pagtawag ko sa pansin ng aking asawa na busy ang paglibot ng paningin sa Tartarus. Nilibot ko rin naman ang tingin ko at napakunot ang noo. Wala namang pagbabago, madilim pa rin at hindi kaaya aya ang atmospera.

"Oh, I'm just looking for Thanatos."

"Why?" I asked.

"He told me earlier na marami pa ring pagala galang kaluluwa sa lugar ng mga tao and they can't see him because they didn't have a peaceful death. Only those who deserve and had peaceful death can see him. He's asking who's incharge for that souls." napataas ang kilay ko sa sinabi niya.

"Huh why is he asking that? He's supposed to know it. Those souls who can't see him, they'll deal with Hades. And it's normal na maraming pagala galang kaluluwa sa lugar ng mga tao. Hindi naman sila agad napupuntahan ng mga tauhan ni Hades o ni Hades mismo dahil marami rin silang inaasikaso sa underworld." He nodded.

"I know love, sa tingin ko ay nawala lang iyon sa isip ni Thanatos kaya niya naitanong sa akin kanina." Tinanguan ko siya. Dumiretso na kami sa silid na nakalaan para sa amin dito sa Tartarus.

Hays. I'll just take a rest first. Hindi naman nakakapagod ang ginagawa ko pero gusto ko lang mamahinga.

"Goodmorning Love."

"Goodmorning. Rest well love." and with that. I drifted to my sleep.