Chapter 9

"I'll pick you up at 3 and we have to get ready for Brittney's birthday okay

"I'll pick you up at 3 and we have to get ready for Brittney's birthday okay." I said as Lilly got out of the car. She waved me goodbye. I just wanted to hold her and never let her go especially after what happened yesterday. Looking at the time I rushed towards my school. Theo and Dora were already in front of my locker. I hugged them. Let's get this over with. 

Ruby asked us to sit with them. Thomas was making out with Abigail again. It hurts but I don't care. I shouldn't care. The more I care the more it hurts. The twins were giving him death glares. "How's your daughter?" Ruby asked. I know that question got everyone's attention. Even Thomas was paying attention to our conversation. "She's fine. I think we'll meet you today. We are going to Brittney's birthday party today." I said and the table was pin drop silence. Everyone looked tense. "No you're not." Thomas said. "Yes we are. Your mother invited us. It would be rude to turn it down since Lilly and Brittney are very close." I said and Thomas looked shocked. "In that case, I can pick you guys up at 4." Ruby said. "Sure. I'll text you the address." I said and texted her. 

Thomas skipped the afternoon classes. He didn't really care. As the future Alpha he'll pass anyway. I hated people who looked for a shortcut. One of the reasons why Thomas isn't worth being a mate to the Princess of Hell aka me. I hate his guts. When the mission is over, I'll just reject him and leave. I was raised in Hell. I can control my emotions. I'm not going to be weak especially for that retard. After school the twins went home to change. I rushed to Lilly's school to pick her up. "Happy birthday Brittney." I said and hugged her. "Thank you Leah." She said with a big smile. I was talking to her when Thomas came to pick her up. "Atleast you're on time this time." I said. "None of your business." He said and left. Lilly and I went to the mall for Brittney's birthday gift. I found a big ass teddy bear for a birthday gift from Lilly. I saw a beautiful wolf  pendant and decided to give it to Lilly. She must be missing her parents so much. It was in gold and it was like that pendant was made for her. They wrapped the gift and we rushed home.

 They wrapped the gift and we rushed home

It was almost 4 when Theo and Dora arrived at my place

It was almost 4 when Theo and Dora arrived at my place. "Wow. You look amazing." Theo said. "Thanks." I replied with a smile. "My lovely Lilly is the most beautiful wolf in the world." He said and hugged Lilly. I was laughing at them when someone knocked on the door. I opened to see Ruby in a beautiful dress. "Hey Ruby. You look beautiful." I said. "Thanks. You look amazing by the way." she said blushing. Lilly and I got in Ruby's car. The twins were following us in theirs. It was quite inside the forest. I knew where their pack house was but I never trespassed. I only watched from afar. The pack house was beautiful mansion. Some of the wolves were playing around. Most of them tensed when they saw us. They probably had a meeting about it. I saw Linda on the door. "Hello Leah. Welcome to our house." She greeted. "Thank you for inviting us Linda." I said. "No problem. Please come in." She said. The house was a beauty. There were many people there. Subconsciously I pulled Lilly closer to me. Even though I was here to protect them, I didn't trust them. I was on full alert. Theo put his hand on my shoulder which helped me calm down a little bit. "No one is going to hurt her here." He said. "They better not. If they don't want to get massacred." I whispered.  I saw Brittney come down and hug Lilly. I smiled at the girls. "Happy birthday again sweetie. Here's your present." I said giving her the bear. "Thank you so much Leah." she hugged me and ran away with Lilly. "You must be Leah." an older man said. Judging by his scent, he must be the Alpha. "Hello sir." I say with respect. You don't wanna piss off the Alpha on his territory. "Call me Patrick." He said with a laugh. I introduced my friends. He seemed to like them. I hope there is no trouble here. It was around 6 when we all gathered to cut the cake. Brittney looked so happy. The twins were talking to some of the pack members and I was talking to Ruby. "I feel like we don't talk much anymore." She said. "I know. I'm so sorry.  With the twins here, it's been kind of hectic." I said with a sad smile. I know that Thomas has been avoiding me like a plague. It still hurts that Abigail clings to him and he doesn't do anything especially in front of me. I glared at Abigail and she sent me a cocky smirk. "Dear are you okay?" Linda asked and I nodded. "Let's have dinner." She invited us. The other pack members were having dinner on the field. The one's that were on the table were the Alpha family, Beta family, Gamma family, the twins, Lilly, and me. "The dinner is delicious Linda." I said. "Thank you dear. Have more sweetie." She said and I gave her a smile. Lilly was playing with her food and looked moody. "Sweetie. Don't play with the food. Are you okay?" I asked Lilly. "I'm sleepy mama." She said. "Why don't you take a few more bites and we can go home." I said. She took a few more bites and was talking to Brittney. Thomas was watching us with a glare in his eyes and I glared him back. "Mama may I be excused?" Lilly said. "Sure sweetie. Don't go too far." I said and the kids went to the field. "So Leah I heard you are opening a family restaurant." Patrick asked. "Yes sir. My family owns a few restaurant and a real estate company but the restaurant I'm opening here is my own." I said and he looked quite impressed. "That's good. Your parents must be very proud." He said and I smiled. Thomas grunted and left the table. "What is wrong with that boy?" Patrick said with annoyance in  his voice. 

After the dinner, I helped Linda with the cleaning stuff even though she said they were people there for that. I still wanted to help. "So is Lilly your own child?" She asked. "Pardon?" I said. "Call it a mother's instinct but I don't feel like she's yours." She said. She must've pieced the pieces together. Children smell a little like their parents but she doesn't smell like me at all. "Yeah I adopted her. I saw her crying on the middle of the road. Her parents died from a car crash and after all the paperwork I took her under my  wing. The moment I saw her I knew she was special and felt that motherly urge to save her from an orphanage." I said. "You are so young and yet you still helped this child. If you need any help you can always call me." she said. "Thank you Linda." I said. I felt guilty lying to her but it's for the better. I looked for Lilly on the field and saw Thomas with her. He was smiling at her and she was giggling. That scene made my heart flutter. "Sweetie. Let's go home." I said and she ran to me. I carried her to the Twin's car. I thanked the Alpha's family for the invitation and sat in the car. Lilly's head was on my lap. I was thinking about Lilly's pack as I patted her head. I put Lilly on her bed and came downstairs. "Theo can you look into Lilly's pack for me?" I asked. "Okay." He replied. "Dora can you get some more info from the prisoner." I said and she nodded. "Take some rest we'll handle it." She said and the twins went home. I went to my room and took a shower and went to bed. 

Hey lovies

How do you think of the story so far. Comment your thoughts.

xoxo  

My Hybrid MateOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara