one

"𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘥𝘰 𝘪 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦?"

"𝘪'𝘮 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘺."

𝘉𝘭𝘦𝘶 𝘑𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

  I groaned internally listening to the women in the booth next to mine. The small coffee shop was crowded as it usually was in the early morning, and all I wanted to do was finish my schoolwork in the normal busy peace of the place.

But, this woman was making it nearly impossible to do so.

"You're having my baby Martha." The man spoke calmly, rubbing his temples with his pointer fingers.

"That's not any of your business, Roger." She argued straight back, her voice becoming more raised with each word and his name rolled off her tongue in distaste.

"It's my child, how is that not my business?" He slammed his hands down on the coffee table before widening his eyes in surprise at his own actions. Obviously he didn't expect himself to be angry like that.

"It stopped being your child when you asked me for an abortion." She yelled 'abortion' louder than the rest of the sentence causing me to turn around in frustration.

This woman was looking for attention, yelling this loud in the middle of a busy coffee shop and though I was about to give her some, it wasn't the kind she wanted.

"I'm sorry, but can you two take this somewhere else? People are trying to work." I scolded as nicely as I could with how annoyed I became at the situation.

The man, who I believed to be the infamous Roger, smiled at me awkwardly, "I'm sorry, excuse us."

He stood up and looked at the women expectantly, nodding his head towards the door to signify it was time for them to leave. She eyed me judgmentally before scoffing and following him outside. Did she not expect someone to ask them to leave?

I sighed gratefully that the noise had left, and turned back to my schoolwork. It was the last year of university and I was not about to let an angry woman in a coffee shop get in the way of that.

Barely even a moment later though, a deep voice spoke above me, interrupting my work once more. "I think the whole coffee shop thanks you."

I looked up to meet his crystal green eyes. He wore sunglasses over his eyes with curls on top of his head. You could easily tell his hair had just been cut, and he looked awfully familiar. His face was adorned by a small smile that showed deep dimples on his cheeks. He was cute, and his was looked recognizable.

I'd seen him somewhere, I just couldn't pinpoint where.

"I'm sorry?" I furrowed my eyebrows and titled my head slightly in confusion.

"By asking that couple to leave," he sat across from me with a black coffee in his hand, "the whole coffee shop thanks you for that."

I stared at him blankly, trying to figure out who he was and why he was speaking to me. "How do I know who you are?" I asked, resting my chin on my hand.

He smiled, "I'm Harry," he stuck his hand out to my free one, "and whats your name, love?"

"Bleu. Bleu Jones." I shook his hand, offering my last name in hopes he'd offer his.

"Bleu? I've never heard that name before. Are you from around here?"

I scrunched my nose in disgust, "New York? God, no. I hate it here."