twenty

Bleu Jones

Sarah came to check on me the next morning, going against what Rachal had told her. She lightly knocked on the door as I was getting changed into a yellow dress.

"Come in." I slightly yelled so she could hear me over the music I had been playing while I was showering.

"Hello Bluey." She greeted with a smile after seeing I was up and ready instead of sulking away in my bed.

"Hey S." I smiled.

Her smile faltered slightly, "How are you doing?"

"I'm doing fine. I was just a bit upset, I overreacted. I didn't mean to be selfish." I apologized.

"It wasn't selfish." She argued, "I know your relationship with your mother Bleu, and even though I've only known you for a short time I know you. I know that a comment like that, even though it wasn't a rude one, and seeing Anne and Harry together would have hurt you. We are the selfish ones."

I put my hand up to stop her, "No. I need everyone to stop telling me lies. I am the selfish one. I will finish my law degree and I will become a lawyer. I will marry a doctor, and I will make my mother happy." She went to argue but I stopped her, "Please don't argue with me, S. Let's just have a fun day, okay? Shopping?"

She sighed defeatedly, "Okay. Shopping it is."

I nodded and she walked out of my room to get ready. I adjusted a floppy hat on my head, and slipped on white sandals since Los Angeles was beautiful when another knock was at my door.

"Come in!" I called out and paused the music on my phone, slipping it into a clutch.

"Hello, angel." Harry greeted with a smile, extending a smoothie towards me.

"Thank you." I took the smoothie from him with a grateful smile, "I thought we agreed to keep our distance."

"Hard to keep my distance from someone who looks like you." He complimented, taking in the dress I was wearing.

"Stop Harry. We can't be together and that's final. Just find another model or something, or if you would like to go back to Camille. Please." I pleaded.

He shook his head, "I don't want them. I'm falling for you, Bleu Jones. I'm falling hard with each second. You're the nicest girl I've ever met, the most gorgeous one too. You're witty and playful, but you're serious when you need to be. You're smart with books but lack common sense. You're an open book if you feel someone is trustworthy and you have a kind heart. You see people based on their soul, not their looks or their money, but their personality and who they are on the inside." He took my hands in his, forcing me to look from the window to our hands. "Why can't you give me a second chance angel?"

I took my hands out of his, "I can't Harry. I just can't. For starters, you hurt me. And I'm taking up to much of your mind and your time. It's selfish of me. I need to do what my mother wants from me. You are not what she would approve of." I swiftly exited the room before he could response, and running into Mitch in the hallway.

"Top of the morning to ya, Bluey." He smiled, following me down the stairs.

"Good morning, Mitchypoo. Joining us for shopping?" I questioned with a smile, sipping on the smoothie Harry had given me.

"Nope — Sarah wants it to be a girls day. The lads are coming over and we're gonna all celebrate once you get home." He kissed my temple sweetly, "Happy early birthday."

We made our way into the kitchen where the other girls were all ready. Anne smiled sadly at me, coming up to hug me. "I'm sorry for what I said. It was rude of me."